DC Sound Lab

All DC XL users......

It's definitely moving pretty good. Did you scope your amp when setting the gains and head unit signals?

The xmax on my 18's is 26mm so I'm guessing the XL 12's are the same. That should be right above a full inch. Do you think it is moving that much?

And to answer your question...I wouldn't think the sub would be moving that much with a clean signal and ony 1200-1500 wRMS.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

No scope. Just by ear. All eq is flat. No bass boost. Headunit doesn't get turned up past 28 out of 35. Radio has 4v preouts. Gain is about 1/4 way. Subsonic at 30 1hz below tuning...

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I would definately say it's moving over a inch of excursion from peak to peak. Only time I actually see it act weird. Bigpimpins TI - let my beat pound. After a few of the sets of bass it does a sweep and after it gets quite and I don't hear any sound I actually see the sub move but I don't think there's any sound at all at this point like it's not stopping itself instantly.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

It is not uncommon for a sub suspension to loosen up over time. Especially when tuning low and or playing chopped and screw music.

I would check that the spider isn't loose from the basket. If it's not then I'm going to say it's either the install or the listening habits.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Yeah. Thanks alpine for chiming in. I know what you said but I really don't see how the box could be causing it. It right under 1.5^ft. Two 3" aeros for about 9^inches per foot. Never play below box tuning. Sub has never bottomed out. Sub never gets warm. It's made a popping sound twice now in the month I had it but I think the song I was listening to had clipping in it. I don't know...

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150