any diehard droid geeks ?

finally rooted my droid x last night. was a little scared at first but so far so good. havent done much else but that. wanted it for the wifi tether and to try and fix the bluetooth in my car. :angry:

Now wait until you start playing around with some custom rom's, you wont believe how fast your phone is and how much longer your battery will last.

I have my D2 over clocked to 1.4 ghz on low voltage settings and my battery is lasting about 30+ hours with live wallpapers and everything.

These phones are 100% amazing on what you can do with them. I have spent every night of the last week changing shit around on mine trying to get it set up just perfect.

D

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

finally rooted my droid x last night. was a little scared at first but so far so good. havent done much else but that. wanted it for the wifi tether and to try and fix the bluetooth in my car. :angry:

Now wait until you start playing around with some custom rom's, you wont believe how fast your phone is and how much longer your battery will last.

I have my D2 over clocked to 1.4 ghz on low voltage settings and my battery is lasting about 30+ hours with live wallpapers and everything.

These phones are 100% amazing on what you can do with them. I have spent every night of the last week changing shit around on mine trying to get it set up just perfect.

D

Download "Quadrant Standard" from the market and run the "Full Benchmark" and post your results.

Benchmark Test

http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc490/dstortz/?action=view&current=benchmark.jpg

Home Screen... for some reason where you see the orange color that is suppose to be blue, but screenshot is fucking up right now.

http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc490/dstortz/?action=view&current=homescreen.jpg

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

Download "Quadrant Standard" from the market and run the "Full Benchmark" and post your results.

Wow just scrolled up and looked at your scores, those are very nice. I still have some work to do in my rom to get a bit more speed out of it.

Still very impressed with your benchmark score

• 3 weeks later...

Just added this app, pretty nice. I can use my EVO as a keyboard/trackpad as long as i have a wifi signal.

Remote Droid

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

so i plan on getting the droid come feb 12th when i can get an upgrade, any opinions on which one to get? i want good internet, and something that i can have a bunch of apps on w.o it being slow as shit, and not wasting the battery in 10 minites lol, also whats all this rooting crap?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

what carrier. if so wait til the fall when the new droid comes out. if not the x is the way to go .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

what carrier. if so wait til the fall when the new droid comes out. if not the x is the way to go .

verizon, i need a new phone ASAP since the env3 is a total POS, my front speaker doesnt work, meaning i have to have everyone on speaker phone to talk to them, so anyone can hear my whole convo

plus ive been bugging for a good phone, and id rather be stuck with a goodphone for 2 years then a POS phone lol, i was afraid of touchscreens at first since they were so new, and the touch screen keyboard seems annoying sometimes, but ill get used to it :P, is alot of the stuff on the droid market free? or is all the free stuff crap?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Rooting is basically unlocking your phone and it allows you to do a lot more with it. There is a lot you can do with rooted phones so just research rooting and all of its capabilities. A big perk (IMO) is that with a rooted droid you can install an ad blocker so your apps will never have ads or anything, and you can overclock your phone to run faster/better as well, just one of many great features.

is alot of the stuff on the droid market free? or is all the free stuff crap?

A good portion of the stuff is free, and if not you can find the free app and download it as an .apk file and use Alpha to put it onto your phone. You'll understand what I'm talking about as you read up, but it basically puts a file onto your SD card and you run a program called Alpha to open and install the file to your phone, but you must be rooted to do so I believe.

Rooting is basically unlocking your phone and it allows you to do a lot more with it. There is a lot you can do with rooted phones so just research rooting and all of its capabilities. A big perk (IMO) is that with a rooted droid you can install an ad blocker so your apps will never have ads or anything, and you can overclock your phone to run faster/better as well, just one of many great features.

is alot of the stuff on the droid market free? or is all the free stuff crap?

A good portion of the stuff is free, and if not you can find the free app and download it as an .apk file and use Alpha to put it onto your phone. You'll understand what I'm talking about as you read up, but it basically puts a file onto your SD card and you run a program called Alpha to open and install the file to your phone, but you must be rooted to do so I believe.

onlything im afraid of is bricking the phone, id rather not brick a brand new phone lol, but knowing my ass when i get it ill do it >.>, the droid market sounds pretty badass already

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Archived