High Pitch Whining Noise From Speakers/Engine

I am wondering how i can stop/prevent that annoying noise! The noise does not get louder when i turn the volume up, but its always audible when the volume is down low and it fluctuates with the engine RPM's. When i un-mount the amp for my highs/mids from the trunk it goes away. Thanks for any info or advice.

Charging System Info:

2 yellow tops (1 engine, 1 in trunk)

200a Ohio Gen Alternator

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

I am wondering how i can stop/prevent that annoying noise! The noise does not get louder when i turn the volume up, but its always audible when the volume is down low and it fluctuates with the engine RPM's. When i un-mount the amp for my highs/mids from the trunk it goes away. Thanks for any info or advice.

Charging System Info:

2 yellow tops (1 engine, 1 in trunk)

200a Ohio Gen Alternator

you can always try putting deadner on the car hood, might help

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Normally it is a grounding issue - try running your head unit ground straight to your battery to see if that helps... If that simple fix dosn't work then you have to tackle the rest of the usual suspects...

Power wires/RCA's ran too close together

Bad amp ground (on the front stage amp)

pinched rca

bad rca

bad head unit ground (pioneer head units are notorious for this) - ground the outside jacket of the rca to the chassis of the head unit.

If nothing works.... keep looking.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Normally it is a grounding issue - try running your head unit ground straight to your battery to see if that helps... If that simple fix dosn't work then you have to tackle the rest of the usual suspects...Power wires/RCA's ran too close togetherBad amp ground (on the front stage amp)pinched rcabad rcabad head unit ground (pioneer head units are notorious for this) - ground the outside jacket of the rca to the chassis of the head unit.If nothing works.... keep looking.

^^

word

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

get a 5 dollar metra ground loop insulator.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Normally it is a grounding issue - try running your head unit ground straight to your battery to see if that helps... If that simple fix dosn't work then you have to tackle the rest of the usual suspects...

Power wires/RCA's ran too close together

Bad amp ground (on the front stage amp)

pinched rca

bad rca

bad head unit ground (pioneer head units are notorious for this) - ground the outside jacket of the rca to the chassis of the head unit.

If nothing works.... keep looking.

Thanks, i always knew that it had something to do with grounding, i just never knew where to begin or what to try. I'll mess around with some of these idea's and see what happens.

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

Archived