Sonic Electronix

4Ω vs 2Ω vs 1Ω etc.....

well acording to the "pro" (shop owner) near me better off buying higer end amp that put out same power at 2ohm then the cheaper at 1..aparently 2ohms sounds nicer then 1..but idunno bass to me all sounds the same the l7 sounds just as good as w7 to me LOL hope didnt offend any jl fans :peepwall:

Although there may be some truth to what he is saying, if you can't hear the difference yourself then don't bother. And don't let him con you into buying more than you want.

Oh, and you will be hard pressed to find some JL fans on here, they all mysteriously disappear after they mention JL and install in the same sentence. :peepwall:

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Although there may be some truth to what he is saying, if you can't hear the difference yourself then don't bother. And don't let him con you into buying more than you want.

Oh, and you will be hard pressed to find some JL fans on here, they all mysteriously disappear after they mention JL and install in the same sentence. :peepwall:

I like JL, I have full JL install in my evo X and love it. They do great and I can count on the output of the amps and not see any voltage drop. There is other companies I could have went with but it was my choice, they make great products just a little high on price but it is only money right? Plus I have three times over on money wrapped up in my walled sierra anyway....LOL

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

I like JL, I have full JL install in my evo X and love it. They do great and I can count on the output of the amps and not see any voltage drop. There is other companies I could have went with but it was my choice, they make great products just a little high on price but it is only money right? Plus I have three times over on money wrapped up in my walled sierra anyway....LOL

That's the truth man. You can't do shit with money but spend it. No need to skimp out on a life long hobby.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Yup, Instead of living my a life a 1/4 mile at a time, I live it 30 sec burp at a time....

I just came up with that....LOL

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

yeah, i wasn't bashing JL. But there are so many people here who do. Yeah, if you have the money and like the product/brand, then why not buy it.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

oh JL here we go!

seriously. i hated JL for years due to the vendors that locally sold them priced them like boob jobs. i came up on a JL w6 10 in trade a few years back and honestly its one of the best subs i have owned. an i have owned a lot and install even more.

but back to the point here. don't let some shop sell you more then you want/need. but at the same time you can get stuff cheaper that is better but some people think sucks. IE JBL & infinity. look at the sensitivity ratings on those. some of if not the highest in the industry. there is a reason they carry a low rms rating and a high peak. its like DD. to many idiots out there turning their amps up all the to 5 o'clock and clipping the hell out of there stuff. send them a clean signal and they handle a ton rms!

NEUMAN

the technology they use should put them a notch above most. I mean their amps make constant power across a broad range of ohms at broad voltages. If anybody has anything bad to say about their subs, they've never heard them before. Their shit is high, but very high in quality.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Yup, Instead of living my a life a 1/4 mile at a time, I live it 30 sec burp at a time....

I just came up with that....LOL

You defenitely need to fit that into your sig!

All that you just said they have a word for, it is called over excursion....LOL

:No: thats 2 words!

yeah, i wasn't bashing JL. But there are so many people here who do. Yeah, if you have the money and like the product/brand, then why not buy it.

If you buy JL from a dealer you WILL over pay for it, but if you get a chance to buy it used and in good condition you wont regret it. JL is a very very good SQ sub. If you are trying to do a build based on SPL then JL isnt the product for you for the price.

Now on to the Ohm topic. I honestly dont think you can hear the difference if there is any between ohm loads. i would decide how much power you want to run first and then buy your amp based on that. Then buy your subs based on the most power your amp will put out at the lowest ohm load.

ex: if your amp is 1 ohm stable you could run 1 dual 2 or 2 dual 1s.

Archived