Jump to content

Rainbow, Hertz, Polk


Skullz

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking at getting 2 sets of 6x9's for my car and am currently looking at the hertz ECX, DCX lines as well as the polk audio MM691's and the Rainbow KX 6X9 and was hoping to find someone thats used them and trying to get an opinion on what others thought of them. My budget isn't all that great at the moment roughly $300 for 2 sets, PM'ed Ray and James but have yet to receive an answer on the hertz. Any thoughts or opinions on them as well as any others is greatly appreciated.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

I <3 my Rainbows. Cant say about those specific speakers but if the quality is anything like mine they are definitely nice.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Posted

I didn't have 6x9's. But i had 2 sets of Hertz Mille Mlk165 2 ways. And i was in love with them. Never heard the rainbows in person, But heard nothing but good things about them aswell.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

Posted

Thanks guys on the posts as i'm torn between them as i am unable to listen to any of those and want something that sounds good and can take a bit of power, plus i keep eyeing those hsk165's on fleabay for cheap from across the pond.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

See if maybe you have a local audio shop by you that carry it, Thats how i had to get my Hertz with the warranty.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

Posted

not installed yet. Im still on the fence. The seller assures me they are real. I emailed hertz with no reply. I emailed everyone who had bought them and most were in my boat and hadnt installed them. The ones who had said they sounded fantastic. I just don't know their audio pedigree to know if their review was worth or not. One guy did sound like he knew what he was talking about. from the pictures of the hsks Ive found online these are modeled after a older run. I think what they may be is a batch that did not pass QC because of dumb things. Box had all paperwork and everything in it. once my car gets out the shop I'll be working on getting them in and feeding them some juice.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Well i have the weekend to decide on something, yeah i like the price of the hsk's but as you said its a shot in the dark vs. the others i'm looking at buying.

BTW: How quick was the shipping on them and were there any extra costs with shipping?

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

shipping was whatever was listed on ebay like 40 bucks. The way I see it is that I can afford to take a gamble. if I miss out and they are fake well lesson learned. I can use them for something im sure. They have a nice build quality i just dont have a real set of that model to compare to . Its really like 50/50 on if people think they are real or fake.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1322 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...