Sonic Electronix

Ohm loads and 2 channels are AB and mono amps are D classes.

To be a bit more specific, Class A/B amps ie:. multi channel amps generally speaking, are less efficient than class D, which are mono amps.

The point here is that for a class D amp to make 2000w at 8 0% efficiency its going to take 2500w of input to get 2000w output.

Class A/B at lets say 50% efficiency is gonna take 4000w of input to get 2000w output.

So in general they are more power hungry, A/B amps are.

The advantage is that A/B amps are alot more flexible- due to thier channel options for one, you can put your front speakers on one channel and the back on another. You can choose to combine 2 channels and leave the others, they have more flexible crossovers to customize your sound preferences.

Ideally, you would like to have mono class d amps for your subs, and A/B amps for your speakers

Dont get it confused with dual mono amps, like the Audiopipe3000d yes it has two channels, but its 2 class D amps strapped together, and it would not make a good amp for ur speakers

Edited by P4killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

class d monos are supposed to be more efficient and they do not normally get as want as a multi channel amp may, also most mono amps also have ability for 2 + + and - - terminals and they are not always bridged

im not expert and im not completely sure on all this, but i did some reading last year when i was buying my first mono amp and this is what i vaguely remember

class d mono amps in my opinion are best for using 1-2 subs, if you have more subs then get another mono amp, i know they have more powerful amps to run more powerful subs and in more quantity, but i just like monos better

either way you still want to have good grounds and clean electrical and as long as you getting clean power and the amp is installed in a good place, then either should be fine

monos are also more expensive, so if money is an issue may have to go 2 channel route, just be sure the rms ratings match and dont both with the base watts it says it can handle unless it says continuous power handling or rms and be sure that number matches as close to the rms handling of the subs as possible without going over unless you apy attention to gain and such and dont overpower yhour subs or know very well what your doing and can properly install everything to handle more power

i have a friend that wouldnt buy my amp solely because i would only tell him the rms rating capable based on amps birth sheet, rather than whatever random watts he thought it said on the box, which since it was a good brand amp it didnt have retarded wattage numbers on the box

hope this helps, im an audionoob so dont take my word for it, do the research and get feedback from people on here and do what suits you best

Wow some of you guys need to do some reading up.

please don't post information if you don't know.

Dollar per watt a/b amps are more expensive, produce a cleaner sound and are less efficient then d class amps.

If you wanted a pure sq setup you would run a a/b amp over a d class amp, if your a hard core sq guy you would want a class a amplifier, I'm not even sure they make class a amplifiers any more.

please do yourself a favor and read read and read some more before you attempt to install your stuff