DC Sound Lab

Level 5 Neo vs Level 6?

If im not misstkae the NEO was designed around the XL not the lvl 5, so it should be GREAT for daily abuse. The ATeam told me it was more or less a XL that will take gobs of power. Another fact about Neo motors is there cooling is kinda simple. The more power tou throw to the sub and the more the woofer moves the better the cooling, as far as the woofer being fed clean power. Now if your clipping the dog shit out the woofer then yea its gonna die just like any other woofer.

Chode I think either woofer would be a Nice upgrade over what you have know. Both are outstanding woofers, just the price diff and a huge weight diff.

Maybe you don't understand Neo, or what I've been saying. It doesn't matter which sub it was designed around to make it daily. I'm not talking Tap tightness or anything. I'm talking HEAT.

Idiot.

na i dont look at stuff that expensive....shallow wallets :(

well if you wanna see what the DC Neos look like check out Thors http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/487456-thors-dc-neos.html

lol I dont take any of these statements as me being called a liar. All have been based on proven facts.

I'm just one man with a pr of nasty drivers doing my best to push thermal and mechanical limits daily lol

that you do haha :D

I have been running Neo mag's for a while and all the research I have read about Neo's are that they will lose strength when they heat up but will return to normal strength once they cool down.They don't lose strength permanently.

so glad you said this...that was actually my next question...whether they lost the strength permanently or just while there hot but returned when cooled

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Thermal Characteristics

Neodymium Material Type Thermal Expansion Coeff. Maximum Operating Temp Curie Temp Thermal Conductivity

%/°C °C (°F) °C (°F) kcal/m-h-°C

N -0.12 176°F (80°C) 590°F (310°C) 7.7

NM -0.12 212°F (100°C) 644°F (340°C) 7.7

NH -0.11 248°F (120°C) 644°F (340°C) 7.7

NSH -0.10 302°F (150°C) 644°F (340°C) 7.7

NUH -0.10 356°F (180°C) 662°F (350°C) 7.7

NEH -0.10 392°F (200°C) 662°F (350°C) 7.7

The Thermal Characteristics listed above are values commonly associated with each magnet's grade or material. Actual performance in your application may vary with other factors, including the shape of the magnet, the Permeance Coefficient or load line, and how it is used in a circuit.

Edited by Loud Avalanche

um..... :trippy: :trippy: :trippy: :trippy:

haha

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

I have been running Neo mag's for a while and all the research I have read about Neo's are that they will lose strength when they heat up but will return to normal strength once they cool down.They don't lose strength permanently.

But if it loses strength when your using it? What's the point in have a strong motor? Why not get a weaker motor that won't lose strength?

I only copied and pasted this info,I wish I was intelligent enough to write like this.Below is a list of several versions of Neo Magnets.This is there maxium operating temp before the Neo will start to experience loss of strength.

N -0.12 176°F

NM -0.12 212°F

NH -0.11 248°F

NSH -0.10 302°F

NUH -0.10 356°F

NEH -0.10 392°F

Edited by Loud Avalanche

But if it loses strength when your using it? What's the point in have a strong motor? Why not get a weaker motor that won't lose strength?

i think the the power or a hot weakened Neo driver will still far surpass the power of a strong ferrite driver

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg