Sonic Electronix

will a 4 channel amp work?

hello,

im upgrading my shaker 500 system in my 2007 mustang. anyways i was looking at adding an amp new 6x8s and new 8" subs in the doors. the hifonics hfi100.4 amp is a 4 channel amp that does 100 watts at 4ohms and 200 watts at 2ohms. now can i get like 100 watt at 4ohm 6x8s on 2 of the channels and 2 200watt at 2ohm subs on the other 4 channels?

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

If you are going to be making fiberglass panels for the 8's you might as well glass some 6.5" components in and not use 6x8"s. Also, there are better amp you can get instead of hifonics. And also, if you use 2 of the channels on 6x8"s or 6.5"s you will only have 2 channels left, not 4. But yes, it can work.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You might want to look into a better amplifier than that, I've read that the HFI series doesn't do rated

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Just buy my 4 channel... seriously, I need money, lol.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

so basslova,

if i find another 4 channel amp like something i described, i can run 2 channels at 2ohms and 2 channels at 4 ohms?.

i know that there are better amps out there but i have a couple of there subs and an amp and am pretty happy. there not the greatest but pretty good considering there price

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

so basslova,

if i find another 4 channel amp like something i described, i can run 2 channels at 2ohms and 2 channels at 4 ohms?.

i know that there are better amps out there but i have a couple of there subs and an amp and am pretty happy. there not the greatest but pretty good considering there price

Yeah, for sure, just make sure the pair with the same ohm load share the same circuit (one isn't on one of the front channels and the other on the rear) otherwise you will have problems with the gain. So yeah, just do say the two 4 ohm speakers on the front channels and the two 2 ohm ones on the rear.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived