BTL N1 Video!

NDMstang65

Hmmm. So the N1 would likely handle my 1500 just fine. To swap woofas or not? Lol. Deciding what I want to use for my actual build next year and this could be a good way to find out...

well judging from that video, the n1 has 9001 inches of excursion. so displacement ftmfw lol.

Lol. I think you are having problems seeing tonight. It only looks like 8,000 inches to me.

but then it wouldnt be over 9000.... :(

i think i want one

but im not sure

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

1000w rms 'standard' coil I believe is where we are going to be going with it.

We will have a ultra low inductance option coil, but it is going to kill thermal power handling.

This is targeted to be a SQish woofer, small, light weight, lower power handling. More like the original Q was, instead of the beastly Q that there is now.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Waiting on the coil samples to come in. Then we will sort the balance of details from there. But as Nick mentioned, way more SQ oriented than a monster. With the ultra low inductance coils, it will reduce thermal power handling some, but even with a clamped 500+W going to this one in free air for a little over 4 hours we had a motor thermal rise of under 20 degrees and a coil of about 60 degrees over ambient. Cooling and heat sink definitely doing their jobs. Large cones and having the driver in an enclosure with better air circulation helps too (more air flow around the heat sink). If Im not mistaken, this motors heat sink did not have the black body coating inside it either to further aid in thermal transfer... helps too.

Thanks,

Scott

Waiting on the coil samples to come in. Then we will sort the balance of details from there. But as Nick mentioned, way more SQ oriented than a monster. With the ultra low inductance coils, it will reduce thermal power handling some, but even with a clamped 500+W going to this one in free air for a little over 4 hours we had a motor thermal rise of under 20 degrees and a coil of about 60 degrees over ambient. Cooling and heat sink definitely doing their jobs. Large cones and having the driver in an enclosure with better air circulation helps too (more air flow around the heat sink). If Im not mistaken, this motors heat sink did not have the black body coating inside it either to further aid in thermal transfer... helps too.

Thanks,

Scott

Just thinking this post should be posted twice or more. Cooling FTW.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott are you serious? The cooling is obviously insane! I have majorly high hopes for these subs. I think this will be a new gen to the NEO sub market. Way to go Scott and Nick yet again raising the bar!

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived