Sonic Electronix

that being said....let me add this-

in 12v market...if you want power...you WILL HAVE TO USE A MONOBLOCK. end of story. but for 400w x2....hell...use whatever gets you 400w @ohm rating.

don't think I'm hating on monoblocks guys... just saying the real application starts around that 500-1000watt barrier that most mult. channels can't do. So they DEF have their place....high power.

But for this guy- 400x2? he's fine.... now 4000x2....shit... def mono.s

Without a long drawn out explanation-

2 channel amps can be much easier to wire as opposed to monoblocks when it comes to hitting the ohm. rating you want. There an numerous cases where subs do/don't have the right number of coils or coils at the proper ohm rating to take advantage of- say the 1.0 ohm power of some mono-blocks. In this case, a 2-channel amp can allow a user to wire the subs accordingly to achieve the more power than they would have with a monoblock of equal cost.

I would like to pose this question to those who have scoffed at him wanting to use a 2-channel over a monoblock because (gee gah a monoblx the only way to run subz yea boi!). If a monoblock is "for subs".....please explain to me why all professional amps are typically 2-channel or more? No offense- but car audio takes a back seat to the professional gear out there. Monoblocks are (to my knowledge) only used in the 12v market (or maybe home theatre). Every pro. system i've seen,worked on, designed, etc- has never used a single monoblock sub amp....never. I have used amps that are 4 channel that would blow the shit out of damn near all car audio amps (exempt for the stupid expensive ones). So, if I can get 2000watts @ 4ohm...per sub cabinet...x4 cabinets... why the hell would I want to stick 4 amps in a rack instead of one? I wouldn't....because that is stupid.....and would cost more...and take up more space... hell...We've used amps that support 8 channel, from 4-16ohms per channel, deliver the same power at any of those ohm ratings, and deliver 500w each channel... why the hell would you want mult. amps to achieve that? Monoblocks have their place...but due to the fact that most are more difficult to wire unless you have exactly the right sub combo (VC and ohms ratings), and don't have the S/N of an A/B....to me they have select applications...and a 2 channel A/B can be used in much broader applications...

guy- if you want to use a 2-channel...use a f'in 2 channel. You can find A/B 2channels with subsonic filters, that meet that 2006 CAE spec, that will be easy to wire, and offer a better signal to noise ratio than a (cost) comparable monoblock.

The easier to wire thing is debatable, but I am totally with you on the rest. Check my post on first page, that is what I was trying to convey.

n2caraudio.com

Yeah you guys do know that a/b amps arent too efficent

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Yeah you guys do know that a/b amps arent too efficent

Yea, believe it or not a lot class D's arent that effiecnt either. The JL Audio 500/1 only runs about 63% effieciency and a large amount of amps you find on ebay are around the same. They just dont publish the efficiency rating.

A 400 watt per channel a/b is not going to kill your electrical system. We use to all run them before D class was even around.

I am adding this.

For the record, I am not equating The JL Audio Slash series amp with general ebay amp. They are a very solid built amp with a specific purpose.

n2caraudio.com

Everyone is making a big deal out of two channels for two subs, so let me rephrase this, I need ONE amp that can push TWO subs. ALSO i need to edit the title of this post, it has one too many zeros. 400 RMS not 4000. AND i am not the one who said anything about sound quality, i need to save space. a monoblock amp with 2 outputs for 2 subs is fine. What i don't get is why so many people question why i want a single amp for the job, just answer my question. ONE amp that can drive TWO subs at 400RMS Each.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

they are questioning why you need a 2 channel amp when a mono amp can do just fine....

you dont NEED a 2 channel amp for 2 subwoofers, or 4 subwoofers or 8 subwoofers

you can use a monoblock for all those scenarios

mono would prob be cheaper as well, which helps out..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Give us some dimensions of your maximum space and we'll have a better idea on what to recommend for you. There are some really small amps with 1000w at 1ohm, 2ohm loads with a small footprint capable of doing everything you need.

EDIT: Something along the lines of this.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6893_Alpine+PDX-1.1000.html

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I know a mono amp can drive two subs, in parallel, what i don't get is the power distribution, If i have two subs 4 ohm DVC subs in parallel on a 1000 watt at 4ohm amp, is it 1000 to both subs? or is it 500/500 ?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

500 500, it just splits it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived