What's a good first car?

I found an '03 wrx with 113k miles, great condition (No dings / interior stains... Well taken care of) for 7.5k on craigslist, but he said he would take 6.5k. =)

Thoughts?

Check the value on kelly blue book but if it sounds about right. check it and make sure to have it inspected by a reliable mechanic and dont buy impulssively (sp? lol). if all lights are green then buy that bisch

And Id also like to point out that most accidents are caused by teenage drivers. You may think you are a good safe driver but you really aren't.

Which is mostly Males...Which is why guys pay retarded rates up until 25 when you are not deemed as dangerous on the road :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Yeah you can't have a fast car and low insurance.... and anything with a turbo is going to raise it more. And you are just going to kill someone in the end. get a 1995 maxima and count your blessings

And Id also like to point out that most accidents are caused by teenage drivers. You may think you are a good safe driver but you really aren't.

I never said I was. I just said that I don't speed...

May I also point out that most accidents are caused by drivers who just got their license, which consists of primarily teenage drivers. Hence the skewed statistic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the 'teen' part of the equation doesn't play any role in it, but I am saying that it is a skewed statistic that annoys me when it is brought up. Just because I feel like people say that teens are automatically bad drivers.

Am I the best? No.

Am I a risky driver? No.

Am I a good driver? Yes.

Am I an EXPERIENCED driver? No.

Am I suggesting in any way that I am invincible? No. That is why I am looking for a quick car. A gas pedal has saved me enough times from an accident as does my brakes. I wouldn't hesitate to use my brakes to avoid an accident just as I wouldn't hesitate to use the gas. It's just my style. I know my self and my own driving habits better than anybody else on here, so don't make blind assumptions about me. Not cool.

I am used to driving high power cars, I can handle it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Can we please point this back around to the point of this thread?

How much power a car has and whether I can handle it is for me to decide. I am looking for everybody's input on the car as a whole. Not just the number that comes out of the engine... Although valid, that is not the only thing that makes a car worth buying.

How is trunk space?

How is the clutch reliability on the Impreza if it is driven gently with no power-shifting and launches? I have heard that some cars have clutches that last 70k to clutches that last 200k with the same driving style?

How 'bout transmission reliability? I don't want the synchros wearing out at 125k and needing a 3k repair job...

Rear leg room?

Side impact safety?

Yeah you can't have a fast car and low insurance.... and anything with a turbo is going to raise it more. And you are just going to kill someone in the end. get a 1995 maxima and count your blessings

Insurance is for me to decide. See my previous post about killing people.

Insurance is for me to decide. See my previous post about killing people.

I guess you use the name your own price option huh!? Even if you say inexperienced drivers are accident prone you are still saying teen drivers are accident prone because they are ALL not experienced.

And y are you calling BS on this??? you just contradicted yourself by saying you dont speed then in the same breath said everyone does so which is it ?

When I said 'everyone' I was referring to the general public, not including myself. But I should have said speed 'dangerously', 5mph over isn't in my eyes that dangerous and of course I will go a little over the speed limit. My mistake.

Current Setup:

VW GTI 1.8T '02

1 15" Fi BTL

Sundown SAZ-1500D

Box-4.3 cubes

When I said 'everyone' I was referring to the general public, not including myself. But I should have said speed 'dangerously', 5mph over isn't in my eyes that dangerous and of course I will go a little over the speed limit. My mistake.

Driving the speed of traffic, but staggered is safest imho. Not excessively speeding, but not being a traffic obstruction either. I don't consider 5mph over speeding.

Besides, road designers take this into account and set speed limits low for that reason =)

Archived