Jump to content

What's a good first car?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Right... So I have 6k saved up to buy a first car. :ohsnap: My parents will price match me up to 5k, so that puts my budget at 11k. :santa:

It needs to be quick. When I say quick, I don't mean like spin the tires in any gear quick, I just need something that will get me up to speed in a reasonable amount of time due to the areas that I drive(very short on ramps that tax my father's mustang at times.)

Criteria:

1. Gotta be a car, not a huge SUV or anything

2. Needs to drive nice on country highways and mountain passes while going 75 - 85 :sonic: (speed limit @ 75, don't freak :finger: )

3. Needs to be manual, and needs to be, in order from least to most preferred: rwd / 4wd / awd. I can't stand front wheel drive.

4. Turbo would be nice, but not a deal breaker

5. Fuel injected, not carbed.

6. Seats 4, 5 would be better

7. Decent amount of trunk space

8. Has a decent level of reliability

9. The heavier the better (sounds odd, but I get lots of rain, so it helps with hydroplaning)

10. Doesn't need tune ups every weekend, but this is negotiable as I am a tinkerer.

11. Something that won't jack up insurance. I can take a bit of a hit, but nothing like a 1993 supra twin turbo for example.

12. Low rpm torque is nice

A few obvious, but preferred things...

Repair cost

Part availability

And most important:

Crash safety if provided

Rollover resistance if applicable

Skidpad / WET Braking distance (not snow, just in moderate to heavy rain)

Some things that really don't matter too much to me:

Abs doesn't matter either way - I have driven almost exclusively, my mom's big 'ol jeep that doesn't have it. I have braking w/o it down, so it's a non issue

Sporty look - It needs to walk the walk, not talk the talk

Sorry for the long list... but hey, at least I know what I'm looking for.

:nightrider:

Posted

Subaru outback. I have one from 2000 and has never had any problems in

it's entire lifetime. It's got decent low end for a 4 cylyder and it just handles like a sportscar. And it had enough space for an 18 in the back.

Posted

a subaru?

Subaru-Impreza_Sedan_WRX_2004_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg

just throwing it out there, border line on price tho

EDIT: 2 post at the same time that mention subaru's lol

Posted

a fast car as your first car isn't the best idea, get a firebird! :pardon:

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

Posted

Craigslist some used SRT4s, wrxs, or cobalt SS supercharged.

Something cheaper and less race car I like the Mazda 3 or 6, maybe even a speed

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

I say an accord in the 2005+ region. My mom has a 2005 accord, v6 vtec and that bitch is quick. Also has a big trunk too.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Posted

And just see you actually meant 4wd...well....

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

god I wish my sxt was an srt4 <_<

In 2005 I sold my AEDCentral project Pontiac and looked for another smaller vehicle to balance out my truck and Yukon. Laughed my ass off at the SRT although a couple friends were SRT techs. Parked next to a wrx I only went to test drive, was a stock black 04 SRT4. I test drove it and 2 hours later drove home in my newest family member, midnight.

I have never had as much fun driving another vehicle as I do in my SRT. I even bought an 06 wrx and treat it like a biracial stepchild.

Moral, god I love SRTs and don't knock the FWD, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 559 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...