What's a good first car?

I never said I was. I just said that I don't speed...

May I also point out that most accidents are caused by drivers who just got their license, which consists of primarily teenage drivers. Hence the skewed statistic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the 'teen' part of the equation doesn't play any role in it, but I am saying that it is a skewed statistic that annoys me when it is brought up. Just because I feel like people say that teens are automatically bad drivers.

Am I the best? No.

Am I a risky driver? No.

Am I a good driver? Yes.

Am I an EXPERIENCED driver? No.

Am I suggesting in any way that I am invincible? No. That is why I am looking for a quick car. A gas pedal has saved me enough times from an accident as does my brakes. I wouldn't hesitate to use my brakes to avoid an accident just as I wouldn't hesitate to use the gas. It's just my style. I know my self and my own driving habits better than anybody else on here, so don't make blind assumptions about me. Not cool.

I am used to driving high power cars, I can handle it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Can we please point this back around to the point of this thread?

How much power a car has and whether I can handle it is for me to decide. I am looking for everybody's input on the car as a whole. Not just the number that comes out of the engine... Although valid, that is not the only thing that makes a car worth buying.

How is trunk space?

How is the clutch reliability on the Impreza if it is driven gently with no power-shifting and launches? I have heard that some cars have clutches that last 70k to clutches that last 200k with the same driving style?

How 'bout transmission reliability? I don't want the synchros wearing out at 125k and needing a 3k repair job...

Rear leg room?

Side impact safety?

please review bolded statements....if your not experienced, your not used to jack shit. :nea:

personally, Id look into honda/acura for a first car without a doubt. cheaper to fix than most cars, and if you take care of the engine, it really does last a long time. I still see no reason why you would need a turbo either. my prelude is pretty damn responsive for a base model S and my Si was a little quicker than this. there really is nothing wrong with FWD, just sounds like you havent driven enough of them to make a conclusion like that.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

this. I just think of what I did in my first car the thought of being able to do it at high speeds scares me even more.

same here, I had my first car when I was 12 and it was a 5.0 5spd, if there was a spin out of control and hit the ditch smiley it would work great here

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

please review bolded statements....if your not experienced, your not used to jack shit. :nea:

personally, Id look into honda/acura for a first car without a doubt. cheaper to fix than most cars, and if you take care of the engine, it really does last a long time. I still see no reason why you would need a turbo either. my prelude is pretty damn responsive for a base model S and my Si was a little quicker than this. there really is nothing wrong with FWD, just sounds like you havent driven enough of them to make a conclusion like that.

and if your not experienced he is not a good driver either, how many people just walked over to their bike the first time and jumped on and rode a wheely down the block?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

The problem with Neons are they crush up like tin cans in a wreck. For a 16 year old kid anything that has a v8 or turbo is going to kill you in insurance. The Subaru Outback on the other hand is a nice car. Lots of room and plenty of power (not to mention AWD almost exclusively)

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

maybe get something like this (but running) get it insured as a 4banger then do a V8 swap ;)

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2053365643.html

Can you say insurance fraud?

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Archived