What are some careers that require little to know school

I was gonna say stripper usually pays well :pardon:

Be a bartender for a packed club, or work for a power company....climb poles and work on high voltage and you will be making six figures in 3 years where I live.

Firefighter depending on the area, police officer depending on the area.

as already mentioned, the main thing is to get your foot in the door. Once you do that, your options are limited to the quality of work that you do. People higher up on the chain will take notice, trust you more, and give you a break...aka...give you an opportunity to move up the chain.

As for me, I JUST started a weekend job as a bar back for a bar i shoot pool at. Even when the waitresses and bartenders were moving slow, i was moving double the rate, doing shit that others wouldnt. I think in a course of two days I learned more about the place than some of the people who work there. I didnt get outa there until 3:30 each morning, just DO YOUR BEST wherever you are and you will have nothing to worry about.

Picture going to a job interview and having a flawless working record, where they would be able to call up any employer on the spot and have them say awesome things about you. Your work ethic goes very far.

Id have to agree with this. Hard work and taking that extra step has definitely helped me over the years. You'd be surprised how many people are lazy as shit then bitch when they hear there gonna lose there job.

that being said, n8ball's statements are actually pretty universal. It DEFINITELY helps if you know someone in whatever it may be. but Im not gonna tell you to stay in school....thats what everyone told me. but I hated it, I couldn't stay there knowing that my parents were paying for something I couldn't stand, and that I decided I never wanted to be. So I got the fuck out of there.

but I think whats most important is that you gotta decide whether or not your going to become what your studying to be. And keep in mind, like everyone said, the job market sucks right now...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

The way I see it, you either have talent and experience or you have a college degree. If you don't have one, have the other.

All good things take time but what I would look into is radiology. 2 year degree and become a tech. Don't know about the rest of the states, but in Alaska this job starts off anywhere between $22-$27 depending on where you're employed.

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

The most important thing is to have a plan. a quote I live my life by is, "people don't plan on failing, they just fail to plan." I started off in college, and then realized nothing I wanted to do in life required a degree. point being, my plan didn't require it. partied it up at USC and at the end of the semester dropped out.

I have a small business, multiple properties, and a video productions group I want to take off. my brother works with me and we have always been into film. he decided it was worth it to get his education. got his AA from Collins college, then got his BA from asu.

have a plan, a goal, and a way to accomplish it. if college is required buck up! there's a lot of shit in this world you're not going to like, learn while you're young to deal with it. if its not worth it...then evaluate the situation. and if you don't need it...fuck it, lol.

Edited by TeamHT

Telecommunications is another good way to go if you can find a good company. I work for a regional carrier who employs through a union. Been a year and the money is great. I started off at $16.56 and at 6 months got a $2.10 raise and last week hit my year and received another $2.10 raise. Perfect 9 to 5 job for me.

What's my excuse then? Boilermakers make a good living...

you fit into the asshole by nature. showing it because I can category lol :drinks:

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Military - Pays well, amazing benefits - FREE SCHOOL.

It has treated me well for the last 13 years.

You can go in as a machinist - I wish I would have!

Thats what im going into.. Ill be going back to school after the military. I like physical work and it fits perfect for me.

also someone said nursing. As for around here where i live its not a good career to go into because the hospital that paid to train ppl cant even hire them once of school because they cant afford to pay them. It;s really awful.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon