Help With Head Unit

so what your saying is that it will turn on when the hu turns on like its supposed to but cuts off when you change the mode to cd?

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

well I mean it sounds like it has to be something with the wiring of the harness....? Double check your setup to the diagram would be something to check

Baylor University

Accounting

Yeah you need to make sure you have the right wire hooked up to your amps remote feature...I'm not sure which panasonic deck that is, but it should have a remote turn on wire running from it...Hook it into the spot on your amp that says remote...Usually a blue wire..But might be a different color on that harness...Also make sure your sub output is turned on..You might be getting power to your amps but your sub out put might not be on on your headunit...

yea you can look at those also. But yes, make sure your REM wire is correctly connected on your wiring harness. It is possible that something internally could be the problem (meaning a flaw in the production of your H/U), it is rare but possible.

Edited by Texas Tech

Baylor University

Accounting

does it have a power antenna wire and a remote wire on the H/U?sounds to me like you have it hooked

to the power antenna wire.cause it works when you have the radio on,but cuts off on the cd.when you

switch sources it cuts the power off to the antenna.i bet if you check,thats what it is.

Edited by jasonw30

smd2.gif

2002 nissan frontier crewcab

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

does it have a power antenna wire and a remote wire on the H/U?sounds to me like you have it hooked

to the power antenna wire.cause it works when you have the radio on,but cuts off on the cd.when you

switch sources it cuts the power off to the antenna.i bet if you check,thats what it is.

I don't know a whole lot about stereo equipment and stuff like that but all i know is that the blue remote wire it connected to another blue wire from the harness.

I will definitly check if it's hooked up to the power antenna though. Thanks a lot.