Sonic Electronix

i have 0 bass coming from stock door location ... what to do

ok i have a 6.5 woofer component set in the stock door place and the bass is gone 0 bass no sound .... speaker moves alot so its making the bass but the sound is not there ... its mounted with a spacer i made to go from 5/14 t0 6.5 and i will be remaking that again but could just a bad spacer make all the difference ??? what are some things i can do to get more bass from the stock door locations ?

Basically just something big enough to fit the speaker in. Fiberglass is easiest if you know how to work with it since you can make odd shapes with it. What's your adaptor made of? Try 1/2"-3/4" mdf and you should see an improvement.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

spacer was made form 3/4 mdf and it seemed like a poor fit so i will be remaking that and getting a better sealer for speaker so i can isolate all air into door panel .... hopefully the other half will get my hints and get me a 25sqft of fat-mat for xmas :-) i will be able to deaden the doors and that should make a difference

check polarity of all the speakers.

check the HPF setting, should be around 70-80hz.

non-hardening modeling clay works very well to seal the baffle you made. just put it around the outside of the ring/baffle.

what speakers do you have? i see orions in your sig but what model? and 2 in each door in the stock location? i thought it might be another car your talking about.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

check polarity of all the speakers.

check the HPF setting, should be around 70-80hz.

non-hardening modeling clay works very well to seal the baffle you made. just put it around the outside of the ring/baffle.

what speakers do you have? i see orions in your sig but what model? and 2 in each door in the stock location? i thought it might be another car your talking about.

as of right now its 1 6.5 per door will be making another pod where map pocket was for another one that panel is removable so makes it simple and im using the orion cobalt line.

polarity is good they are diff size crimps for diff polarity,

the HPF is set to 80hz on HU and crossover on amp is set to ALL

Edited by michigancapri92

step one deaden door, forget about fiberglass and all of that it's not needed yet

step two: play this song and see if speakers are acoustically in phase, they can be wired perfect and still be out of phase, it is ok to wire one backward to make them work together

http://www.zshare.net/audio/811720071a9f3ac1/

try those 2 then pm me and I can help you further

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

thank you SOOO much wenn ... i just took the speakers out so that i can redo the spacers and i will put back in and play that song and see what happens from there if i notice a difference then i will be waiting to get sound deadener .... fatmat seems liek the cheapest but good so i will be using that stuff