Sonic Electronix

I ran 1.5k on stock lol. 270a xp and a xs 2400 up front? only 1.5k? I think it could do an aq easily.

okiedokie have fun :good:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

didn't know that. Where did you see that at? I'll go copper then if I choose aq. Don't aq's like around 35 hz?

It says on this page in that essay-like thing that aluminum us for SPL http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=24

I read a few times that they like 38hz, but that seems crazy high for what I listen to

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Yeah, true. I have an offer on caco for 2 12's w/ copper coils for 430 shipped which is pretty good deal.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Why do you want alum coils in the original post? You know alum is ideal for burps right?

Alum is better at handling the heat, less dense than copper, takes longer to heat up. (which is why is better in spl when putting xx-K amount of watts into a sub)

However, I haven't read anywhere that you cant put an alum coil into daily driver.

then again i dont read much.

It says on this page in that essay-like thing that aluminum us for SPL http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=24

I read a few times that they like 38hz, but that seems crazy high for what I listen to

it doesnt mean only used for spl though, the alumis can be used for just regular listening too im pretty sure, the alumis can just handle a bit more power and seem better suited for spl applications yes.

EDIT: My buddy has 1 18 amluminum coil HDC3 and called and talked to them before he bought it, and they said nothing about not being able to use it in a daily set up.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

it doesnt mean only used for spl though, the alumis can be used for just regular listening too im pretty sure, the alumis can just handle a bit more power and seem better suited for spl applications yes.

x2.

Go with alum if you go with aq alex.

i do know that my t.2000 has an alum coil.

only con on an alum coil is that it cost more. probably the only con !

ill state again.

Alum is better at handling the heat, less dense than copper, takes longer to heat up. (which is why is better in spl when putting xx-K amount of watts into a sub)

However, I haven't read anywhere that you cant put an alum coil into daily driver.

okiedokie have fun :good:

Pretty sure it can handle it just fine. Im not running full 7600 watts, and no need for 760 amps of current. Most I'd do is the 4.3k, which would need about 430 amps of current, which 270a alt, and 85 a/h bat could handle just fine. Might struggle a tad on burps, but if i need to, I can find a way to put another bat somewhere as mentioned above.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

well with 2 sa12s, big ass box, amp, 0 gauge, and back battery. i dont really notice a difference in weight.. and box can easily be pulled out

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

x2.

Go with alum if you go with aq alex.

i do know that my t.2000 has an alum coil.

only con on an alum coil is that it cost more. probably the only con !

ill state again.

I trust ya lol. Im not gonna cheat my ass out of a good sub just for money. I'll spend what I need to on good equipment.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

didn't know that. Where did you see that at? I'll go copper then if I choose aq. Don't aq's like around 35 hz?

Aluminum heats up and cools down VERY fast. The opposite is true for copper. And i feel like the last part is not test able, souley opinionated.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.