Whats the price on a full body paint job

There's a lot to consider. The business has overhead costs, materials, labor etc. Are you planning on going back with the same color? Will you be painting the door jambs, under the hood etc.? Decent paint isn't cheap either. Will it be colorsanded? What type/quality clear will they use? Regardless of what your eye sees, I guarantee you there will be some body filler/icing involved. Tape work is not fun and you will pay for it lol. You gonna have it sprayed with a single stage, base/clear or a tri stage (candy)? I will do a simple job with singlestage or base/clear for around $800.00 but bear in mind that I paint at a friends shop so I have no overhead, and for 800 bucks you get no bodywork and no colorsanding/polishing. If the person I'm painting for wants body work and colorsaning/polishing and jamb work the price automatically doubles. It's just the nature of the beast I guess.

Well I will save up my money, I want to get my rear wiper shaved, the holes from my top rack filled and I want to have a nice smooth roof so after all that I'm proly looking at around $10k for it?

one thing I've heard is if you do the prep work for them they'll knock off the price a good amount

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

prep is sanding, bodyfiller, sanding some more making sure the surface area is oil free and clean. one finger print can fuck up a whole panel. painting is the easy part. but even after its painted more sanding. color sanding the base then shooting clear wet sanding the clear buffing.. if u want a cheap price go to macco. if u want a qaulity paint job go to a reputable local shop and pay the piper. just to have my bumpers repainted on my bmw was liek 800

current setup. 2 m6 alpine amps 600rms each / 2 eclipse sw8010 10's 700 rms each/ 2 sets of mtx 4001 axe series componenets /aline pdx 5 running highes and 5th channel running sws-8 inch earthquakes under the seats/ ported box which is to small for some.

prep is sanding, bodyfiller, sanding some more making sure the surface area is oil free and clean. one finger print can fuck up a whole panel. painting is the easy part. but even after its painted more sanding. color sanding the base then shooting clear wet sanding the clear buffing.. if u want a cheap price go to macco. if u want a qaulity paint job go to a reputable local shop and pay the piper. just to have my bumpers repainted on my bmw was liek 800

basically what he said

A good shop will remove all the molding trim door handles bumpers mirrors all that stuff and tape anything else off.

A cheap shop like macco or shops like that. will do a half ass tape job, and wont take anything off so your gonna have paint on your trim and windows. They care how many they can do in a day, not the quality of the job.

O and when you ask them if they sand the car down all there really doing is using a scuff pad on the entire car so not gonna last long. If its a beater car like back and forth to work don't care much then sure thats perfect for it.

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

basically what he said

A good shop will remove all the molding trim door handles bumpers mirrors all that stuff and tape anything else off.

A cheap shop like macco or shops like that. will do a half ass tape job, and wont take anything off so your gonna have paint on your trim and windows. They care how many they can do in a day, not the quality of the job.

O and when you ask them if they sand the car down all there really doing is using a scuff pad on the entire car so not gonna last long. If its a beater car like back and forth to work don't care much then sure thats perfect for it.

I agree with everything said. The only way it will be done cheaper with good quality is if you know someone that's willing to do it that's a friend or family.

you get what you pay for as previously stated, and the price depends on the location and who is doing the paint....I paid over 15k for a paintjob once and that was a "hookup"

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

you get what you pay for as previously stated, and the price depends on the location and who is doing the paint....I paid over 15k for a paintjob once and that was a "hookup"

supermoderator? hide the women and children oh lawd!

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Check Craigslist, seriously. If you're wanting an incredible but basic paint job, I would seriously do your truck for $1500. There are a lot of people who can lay paint just as well as a shop but need customers more than they need a profit.

And I use PPG for those wondering ; )

Just for curiosity I checked my local Craigslist. There's a guy doing paint jobs for a grand, regardless of size and prep work needed and another person doing it for $700 if you provide the supplies.

Maybe I should start painting in the lower 48 and making some bank...lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

supermoderator? hide the women and children oh lawd!

I have teh powah :peepwall:

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

1500 for a paint job? door jams under hood bed thats alot of work to take it all apart, screw that when ever i do a job i gotta make some money on it.It comes down to your going to get what you pay for if its cheap then there either going to cut back on the materials or labor no way around it. Be careful when they tell you I use PPG or Dupont and see what line they're using cause the lower end lines like OMNI or NASON its cheap stuff. They might be made by PPG and Dupont but its nothing like the higher end lines. Also ask if there going to cut and buff the paint when its done , shit that alone i charge 500.

Im painting my Truck now and couldn't see myself doing a job like this for under 7 grand.

CIMG0308.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

1285553530734imagejpeg_3.jpg

Click Here For my Hopper Build

"Click here for my 2008 Dodge Mega Cab Build(The DC Rebuild) "Diesel"

Click here for my 2001 Trans AM Hot rod build

2 Rockford Fosgate T4000.1bd

1 Rockford Fosgate T1000.4db

1 Rockford Fosgate T300.2bd

4 XL's 15's DC Audio

8 JBL GTI's 6 1/2

Archived