winsheild tint

Arnold55

gotta go to that not so legit tint/audio shop :) drove 1hr to get to it. no one around here will do less than 35% :angry:

i went to that shop and had them do it, 1 1/2 to do it in one piece and with life time warranty $90

it cost me 195 bucks to get my car and truck tinted. each. fml

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it cost me 195 bucks to get my car and truck tinted. each. fml

thats not bad actually, $90 was just for the windshield only they usually charge in the $160 range for say a 4 dr car. sides and back window

but side windows, top of windshields or flat rear glass I CAN DO myself :good:

im willing to bet if you do a strip across the top and then 5 percent everywhere else it will be plenty dark enough for you.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

ok ill be the first "kid" to chime in i tinted my windows in supper and was 17 and did 5 in the back and loved it.. but now its winter and its so fucking hard 2 see out at night(hid r a life saver). so come spring it will probably be 20 all around and none on the windshield. YES 5 looks sexy but in my opinion its not ideal for a dayly car that is drivin at night alot. and windshield tint cop magnet. so at most 50 on that with a 5 strip

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

I have 5% on my two front windows. I have 5% over 20% on the rest of my truck. My windshield is 35% with a 5" 5% strip across the top. I have not been pulled for it once. At night the 35% on the windshield is not hard to see out of at all, the issue I have is that 5% strip on top of the 35%....its black as fuck, I have to duck down in my truck a little to see traffic lights when I am the first car at one.

I did however get pulled for not having an inspection sticker on my windshield. I actually had all my windows up when the cop stopped me and he didn't say anything about it. I thought that's why I was getting pulled actually. He came up and asked if I knew why he pulled me, I told him no, he told me cause i had no sticker. So I told him why I didn't, the guy who tinted my windshield had to do it like 4 times, the tint guy tinted over my sticker the second time and when he had to redo it the third time off came the sticker. Enough about me getting pulled, the point I was trying to make is that when I told the cop I had my windshield tinted he stepped back and looked at the window then he stuck his head in my truck and looked out the window and said "doesn't look tinted, I wouldn't pull you over for that"

Maybe I got lucky I dont know. If you are worried about getting pulled for tint you can always check with your local DMV and see if you can get a Sun-shading Medical App. You will need a doctor to fill it out so you might have to fake a light sensitivity issue or something. This form, at least in VA will allow you to tint the windshield and the vehicle to a lower % than normal.

I suggest that you just tint the vehicle how you want. The first time I tinted my Suburban i listened to people around me and I didnt go to dark...I was not at all happy with it, I got mine re tinted and love it now. Just be watchful for cops as best you can. If you see one get them windows down, the light that fills the car with them down will make the windshield not look as dark.

Sorry for the story...it was a cool one tho :)

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I have double limo all around my hoe and on my windshield i have a layer of the lightest shade of tint with a strip of limo up on top. Ive got pulled over by the lapd several times and they have looked at it but never noticed.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

dude you got one cool cop holy hell.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived