I think I see where navi is coming from, but every vehicle is made to carry some amount of weight. Every vehicle. What every vehicle is not made for is adding incredible amounts of weight and mass added to the wheels which affects stability, handling, and braking much more severely than carrying weight.

One of the biggest things overlooked when upgrading wheels and power is the suspension, brakes, and axles. I've seen many rip when trying to gun it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

california is the shithole of america.

Agreed

x2

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

I've heard the term Hellaflush a few time but still not exactly sure what the hell that is. My guess is getting the rims as flush with the lip of the wheel well as possible? lol

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

He had a good point ...

actually, no he didnt.

I agree. Navi really didn't have a good point, or make a logical comparison. Upgrading the size of the rim wasn't the issue, so neither would the size of the subwoofer.

A logical comparison would actually prove Hughs point. Upgrading the rims without upgrading anything else is like upgrading the amplifier to power the 18" sub...but nothing else. Anyone who knows what they're doing wouldn't do either in either situations.

It doesn't bother me unless the person is really acting like they're bad shit with 26s, stock brakes, and suspension.

My point was the "hazzard part" of what he said, he said rims are a hazzard, but he owns a smd woofer on big power and doing 150+ if that isnt a hazzard then i honestly dont know what is... @ht unless u have sat and driven in a car/truck that does over 150+fb even 46 at that, is a hazzard, you may see teh flashing lights, but as you may be corssing the intsresection when there is ambulance coming and t-bones you then what do u call that? not paying attention? looking for your sunglasses on the floor? searching for something in the back seat? what im also saying is, your chances of getting a ticket for big ass rims 20"+ is like really 3% maybe not even that, but as far as music the loud guys will get stopped every time for amplified unsafe listening levels... i mean i got big rims and few 18's soooo i guess i committing a felony in the state of California lol

Well, i call this an ambulance driver not showing due care while crossing through the intersection (providing the assumption the that ambulance is going through the red light). Even thought the emergency vehicle has emergency lights and sirens, it would'nt be the car drivers fault for being t-boned by the ambulance. It would be the ambulance drivers fault for not watching the intersection before going through. And this isn't an opinion...I'm a cop and deal with this on a daily basis. Gave a firefighter a ticket 2 days ago because he was traveling 75 in a posted 35, without emergency lights. Not to mention at the time he went through, it was a school zone, putting the speed limit down to 25. Now, being that he didn't have emergency lights on, and it was his personal vehicle, i didn't know it was a firefighter when i stopped him. But when I approached his car, he talked so much shit to me and just disrespected me so bad, which is why I wrote the ticket.

mivtCK.png

wow this is a great thread, so many lol's.

i totally see what navi is shaying, and i think that hugh's argument is right on.

but seriously i dont know you you guys drive with walls, i know after a year youd get used to it but id be really scared backing up and not being able to see my blind spot...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

I had a wall in my ranger and no passenger side mirror.. The driver side mirror was the only 1 on the car and i never has and issues or close calls.. I was 18 at the time...

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

i totally see what navi is shaying, and i think that hugh's argument is right on.

but seriously i dont know you you guys drive with walls, i know after a year youd get used to it but id be really scared backing up and not being able to see my blind spot...

It's actually VERY easy. Back-up camera =)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

need to ban anything over 20" nationwide.

LOL

this is not true if so f@ck them pigs they shouldof just legilizzed weed to get more state money instead of tickets for rims <_<

california is the shithole of america. do you honestly expect anything to make a bit of sense at all in good ole commufornistan?

Shithole of America? You make it sound like California is worse than Georgia.

It's actually VERY easy. Back-up camera =)

you either use a back up camera or dont park in a way you have to precision back up lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived