DC Sound Lab

4 XL 15s and a Warhorse 1/23 TL?????

The biggest thing is that the SD amps do rated power at 12v where the Warhorse does rated at 14.4v. The SD gives alot more room for voltage drop and still getting full power from the amp. The only downfall to running 2 warhorses is that there is no way for me to have nearly enough alt power to be able to handle the 2000a current draw.

Kicker has so much technology in the amp, so I may be wrong. But, isn't the Warhorse's efficiency 92%? I read somewhere that it pulls 800amps full tilt. On music it probably pulls around 600amps max. Is there any way you can fit a 3rd alt (second SMD spec unit) in the F150 to charge the Warhorses?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Warhorses Dre less current than a SD. I understand that 2 amps generally draw less than a single amp (when they put out the same power), but these are Warhorses.

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

No offense .

But I think its the box orientation that is killing your numbers.

A 50 is cool

But that equipment has a lot more potential just the way it sits now.

I think it should be doing a 54 or so

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

No offense .

But I think its the box orientation that is killing your numbers.

A 50 is cool

But that equipment has a lot more potential just the way it sits now.

I think it should be doing a 54 or so

How is it killing my numbers? I have tried just about every possible combination of subs and port placement that I possibly can, anyone who has followed the progression of this build the last 5 months can vouch for that. This is the loudest I have found.

Also this number was done with the volume at 20 of 40. I have everything tuned to peak at 30 of 40 and I have since changed the input voltage on the RCAs from 1.5v from the test pictured to 8v. I may still back it back down to 5v and set my gains accordingly, but when I test next I expect that number to increase significantly. The other thing that I did not mention was that when I did that test I had voltage drop to 12.3v because I havent charged the batteries in over a month. That is why I did not go any higher and continue to test.

I am swamped with workouts for the next few days, but I have it planned to dynamat the roof of the Mini van on Sunday and install the final 2 PB3ks. Once I get all of this done I will test both vehicles and post results.

Didn't read that you didn't turn it up..

Good luck on some numbers.. Cant wait to see this thing slap.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz