How to connect computer to TV

See now this is where I'm stumped. I know NOTHING about the internals of computers besides the BASICS. If I opted to buy one of those, what should I look for? I figure if that up-scaler was around $70 I'd like to spend somewhere in the same price range and get the same capabilities.

I was also just looking at possibly replacing the tower I have now with something compact like a mac mini but in PC form since there is already a macbook pro in the house. I just found this from best buy and it seems like it's 100x better for the money then the mac mini. any suggestions in that area incase I decide to go that route?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+Ideacentre+Desktop+/+Intel%26%23174;+Core%26%23153;+i3+Processor+/+4GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive/1287442.p?id=1218247183355&skuId=1287442

this is exactly what I have now. to me it's an amazing machine especially since I got it new in box for $99 http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AST690-U-P925A-R

My parents have that exact same computer, they aren't too bad, but they come with almost no ram. I'd drop in 2 gigs of ram and throw in a decent video card like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-161-321&ReviewNo=1985991&SortField=0&Pagesize=10&IsFeedbackTab=true&rdm=4#scrollHelpful1 and you've got yourself a decent computer.

I personally have this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161315 and I like it. It's not a powerhouse but I can watch movies in 1080i and play new games in 720p with maxed settings fine on my 42 inch tv. Whatever way you want to go about it, you'll like using your tv as a monitor.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

You will love using your tv as a monitor, as i do using my 32 hdtv as my monitor. But i bought a video card with hdmi outputs to plug in my tv, and for movies.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I just opened up my computer and my power supply is 250watts MAX and all the video cards that are capable of running with my new tv require a minimum of 400 watts. Now I'm at a dead end unless I upgrade my power supply and video card. But at that point I'd rather just spend a few hundred more and buy a brand new computer :dry:

yeah I saw those but even with those the resolution from my video card would make the picture look like shit on the tv. I'm starting to lose hope :sad: lol

What's your max resolution? I run 1280x720 and it looks great.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Have you guy's tried TigerDirect? I see everyone using Newegg, But i think TigerDirect is somewhat better, But then again that's my opinion.

Eather way, Like everyone else said, VGA to RGB + the 3.5MM > RCA would be best, and still be good quality.

I have a DVI to VGA Adapter, then VGA to my 40" LCD Tv. It's pretty pimpin' if i must say. Runs at 32x1920x1080@60HZ i think.

Edited by Katt

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*