Sonic Electronix

"car audio wire" vs welding wire. thinner vs thicker.

strand count, the higher the better.. thats all that matters ! well, that and that its copper

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

car audio is stranded...welding wire is solid

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Welding cable adheres to awg standards while car audio does not and can vary drastically in sizes from company to company, while welding cable is not as flexible as some of the car audio stuff does not mean it isn't as good. Car audio wire can actually be a real pain in the ass in winter trying to get it to bend in the cold where as the welding cable has a rubber jacket that stay flexible year round and bends quite easily, so thats another thing you might want to consider.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i only had like 10 ft of car audio street wires left so, i opted to buy some welding wire because i get it at a discount. so i piked that up and noticed the difference. didn't know if i should send it back or keep it.

reaper.png

not all welding wire has thick strands. i have some in my car that is just like any audio wire i have used except for the different jacket. the higher strand counts just make it more flexible.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived