Sonic Electronix

"car audio wire" vs welding wire. thinner vs thicker.

not all welding wire has thick strands. i have some in my car that is just like any audio wire i have used except for the different jacket. the higher strand counts just make it more flexible.

The 0 gauge wire they sell at lowes here has like 6-7 thick strands and its just about the size of my knu 4 gauge. Hellas hard to bend

not all welding wire has thick strands. i have some in my car that is just like any audio wire i have used except for the different jacket. the higher strand counts just make it more flexible.

The 0 gauge wire they sell at lowes here has like 6-7 thick strands and its just about the size of my knu 4 gauge. Hellas hard to bend

its probably for houses and not welding.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have over 100lbs of 2/0 copper welding cable in my Truck and plan to put more. It is high strand count, flexible rubber jacket, and was part of bit of horse trading I did. I was hesitant at first, but i couldn't be happier. :drinks:

BTW, high strand count is good, but dont get too hung up on it. The pureness of copper and largest guage you can get means way more. Knuconceptz is very fair on their prices. Two runs of CCA is about the same price as one run of copper and will perform better. I sell audiopipe 1/0 cca :good: all the time to people.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Archived