well shit i think im screwed....the thing had NO fluid and as i began to put more in i saw that it was leaking so...were thinking its a hose thats not conected but its kinda tough since we have snow and cant really get underneth it...

edit.when i got the tranny flushed the guy told me that it didnt have a filter and it had metal shavings..

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

anybody?

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

All right i htink i found the problem when we took off the wheel we saw that the drivers side axle or drive axle the rubber boot was taken off and was leaking transmission fluid i hope thats the problem

Al right dudes i need help anybody know how much this might cost me....theres a hole in the transmission. anybody give me a ball park estimate?

it can cost you anywhere from a thing of jb weld to a rebuild. my trucks tranny ran me about 2200 for a full rebuild.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Grand Prix's have the same tranny that are in the Impala and Monte Carlos; the 4T65e's. They are notorious for trannys, how many miles on car? and what year is it?

If I were you I would NOT put any money into this tranny, and just get a brand new one with heavy duty everything, along with a shift kit. they make a good one for the 4t65e trannies.

i just hit 110k on my 01 impala ls and the tranny was pretty much gone at 108, taking forever to get going would shake and burn tranny fluid like crazy. Got a new tranny this past weekend, with the shift kit along with Heavy Duty everything, man it shifts like a dream. You should look into it. Tranny was approx $1,300 but didn't have to pay anyone, me and my dad put it in together; it was a pita but we got it done

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

well i guess its just leaking transmission fluid im told that its a pretty decent hole but not too sure since they have to remove the drive shaft to really look at it.If its just a lil jb weld then that shit is GONE and ill be looking for a new car cause im already was tooo much in to this car then i really need to..ill get the pics or a better descreption tomorrorw...

Quite possible its the transaxle seal that might be bad causing the leak, it would be tough to say without a pic or two to see where you are talking about.

well see thats what i thought too cause it came off so i went to get that fixed but they siad it might be a hole on the side but i dont know since they havnet tooken off the transaxle due to the company being gay with the warrenty...