Sonic Electronix

How do I lower the Fs of a sub?

Why not just build a ported box tuned low? :shrug:

THIS or get a dif sub that works in a sealed box if you really need that sealed sound. trying too hard mang ha in the right box(portd) it could still sound real good IMO. just gonna have to choose one or the other. your def not gonna see much out of that XXX in a sealed box but if you put it int he right box you will smile nuff said. now do work mang :drinks:

Because I just like the sound of a sealed box better, but love the power handling of the xxx 15s

Does anybody know of any subs that can go in a sealed box that have similar power handling to the xxx 15s

because all they do is throw a random enclosure in the car, ask 9/10 people what the transfer function of their car is and they will look at you like your speaking chinese. I know of like 5-10 people that actually make the box for their car, not the sub, you can have the box perfect for the sub out side of the car but as soon as you put it in the car it's totally wrong

I will research, and will learn. Thank you for enlightening me. :drinks:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

it's a record of the cabin gain your car has with out any eq/box rise messing it up so you know exactly how to design the box to get a perfect sound in your car. knowing the dead spots and stuff like that is nice to, when ever I do it for the new car I'll right something up

arn't you just talking about the resonate frequency of the car?

how is an IB a sealed box? its anything but sealed. its just a hole in a wall with free open air behind it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived