Sonic Electronix

I have 4 Pioneer 75RMS per 4 way 6.5 and I have a kicker KX600.4 and its tuned to do 75RMS to each speaker, only problem is sounds like its starting to blow one of them, it sounds fine but on some songs the mid bass bottoms it out (the gain on the KX is like 1/4th the way up) I have my HU and everything with HPF and LPF so I dont understand? my friend has KS680 door speakers and his stuff WANGS a lot harder, soo can anyone suggest me some speakers that are like $100 a set or less? or maybe tell me why my speaker does this? the front two are fine the rear two are like out thought (these speakers are like 4 months old >.<)

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I just dont understand how after 4-5 months they already starting to go at rated power doesnt make sense... I think I just want to switch out ill keep the 4ways in and just add pods for another 4 6.5's i just need some suggestions I dont wanna pay more than $100 a pair. Also would crossovers help?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

get the crescendo comps call it a day

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Most pioneer speakers are rated for 40w rms and if your really lucky even more, in my experience they will handle around 30s rms ok through till 40w and after that point the sound will begin to degrade to the point you just can't take listening to them anymore. Simple solution is to just replace them with some good quality speakers, i got a set of hertz hsk165's off ebay for $100 per pair and 30 for shipping and i can tell you that you'll love them over the pioneers.

I was looking at rainbow, hertz, bravox, polk MM, crescendo and even focals but for the price on the hertz at the time it was just too good to pass on so i took a leap of faith on them and haven't been disappointed yet in them, in the event something were to happen i could never go back to anything like a pioneer again.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

ive had some pioneer coaxials in back for years given them anything from 50w-150w no problems. i had the 720PRS in front for over a year and they got 3x rated power and didnt complain. so its not that pioneer sucks.

what is your HPF set to?

why get 4 more cheapy speakers instead of one set that will actually perform the way you want?

if you just get 6.5" mids then you will need a crossover to tell them to play in the correct range, ie. 80hz-4000hz

any of these will rock

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Im putting 75RMS to 75RMS speakers, now i dont doubt that they wont take 75RMS daily, so ionno... my HPF is 70 on the HU and off on the amp. and I dont have just mids so I dont need crossovers I suppose. and I dont want to spend over $100 shipped. Also I said im going to buy 4 more 6.5's and im gonnna run 8 i mights as well use my 150$ paperweights :-/

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Im putting 75RMS to 75RMS speakers, now i dont doubt that they wont take 75RMS daily, so ionno... my HPF is 70 on the HU and off on the amp. and I dont have just mids so I dont need crossovers I suppose. and I dont want to spend over $100 shipped. Also I said im going to buy 4 more 6.5's and im gonnna run 8 i mights as well use my 150$ paperweights :-/

thats what i was talking about. do you mean your going to get more coaxials or just mids?

im guessing you are ok with your highs and you are just worried about the midbass, correct? so why pay for speakers with more tweeters that still lack midbass? just get one set of midbass 6.5"s ($130 image dynamics i linked) and a cheap 2way crossover ($70 or less). now you set the new midbass speakers to play 80-300hz and the "paperweights" to play 300hz and up.

put the coaxials in the kicks and the midbass in the doors (it'll sound better)

i know you have your mind set on one way of thinking here but trust me, this will work. i wouldn't steer you wrong. :good:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Step 1: turn the volume all the way up.

Step 2: turn the gain on the highs down a little bit passed when it starts to sound good.

Step 3: turn the gain on the subs down so it doesn't overpower the highs

Optional: Install an equalizer and use termlab or similar to make sure highs/lows are both the same DB - or just use your ears.

i suck men dry...email me for details

Step 1: turn the volume all the way up.

Step 2: turn the gain on the highs down a little bit passed when it starts to sound good.

Step 3: turn the gain on the subs down so it doesn't overpower the highs

Optional: Install an equalizer and use termlab or similar to make sure highs/lows are both the same DB - or just use your ears.

lol what? hmm ok so he should turn it up until they start to bottom out then walk back to the amp grab a screw driver and then adjust the gain. the speakers bottoming out the whole time... doesnt sound like a good idea. you would want to turn the gain down 1st, then turn the volume up, then go back to the amp and slowly turn the gain up.

termlabs dont measure high frequencies, i think it only measures up to 100hz. you would want an RTA but without a decent EQ that would be pretty pointless.