Sonic Electronix

I am looking for a car with GOBS of trunk space (like a ford Taurus or more)

It also has to have a fold down center console, and preferably with a pre existing hole into the trunk

I plan on make a box with a square port going through the hole, into the cab Tuning will be at 31hz, and will most likely hold 2 12s.

It is also a first car, so the cheaper the better. And the car being manual is highest priority. A car that can handle a dual alternator bracket would be best since I can wire 2 electrical systems into the car so the lights won't dim. I was just going to hook up 2 mechman alts: One dedicated to the sub batteries, and one for the oem electrical along with the mids and highs.

Price range would preferably by below 4k, but I can go a bit over if there is good reason. Beyond that, it's a bit high for a first car.

And rwd / awd would be greatly preferred over front wheel drive.

(Mods, if this is the wrong forum, feel free. It is general audio, and the car IS based around speakers, so I figured it can go here)

Edited by Christopher

Most Fords and GMs are able to hold dual alts. How much power do you plan on running? I highly doubt 2 alts are necessary.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

if you want a lot of space look for a jeep wrangler and take out the back seat... and use a sealed box with 2 or 4 15s and keep your windows open lol

It HAS to be a car, like a sedan or a coupe. And needs to have a separate trunk, not like a small hatchback like the subaru outbacks are.

I don't want anybody seeing my subs and wanting to jack them. I can lock a trunk, and fold up the rear seat so it basically looks stock.

As for power,I plan on running about 2kw to the subs, and 1kw to the mids and highs. This way, I should get minimal voltage drop at idle, and none at higher rpms, and it still leaves some extra power for anything else I should want to put on the car like HIDs and such.

Besides, any level of headlight dimming just tweaks my OCD side so no end, so I would rater have too many alts than too little. Then that way I can keep the most trunk space by having either fewer or smaller batteries.

grand am's have big trunks and the rear seat folds down and you have a back seat still.

chevy caprice... i have one and love it.. they also have a 6 speed swap if you have the $$$$

i had a 95 Nissan Maxima.. lots of mods you can do.. great on gas..FTW!!!!

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

grand am's have big trunks and the rear seat folds down and you have a back seat still.

Absolute biggest I could fit in my 03 GA trunk firing into the cabin without having to build in the trunk was about 3.5 cubes, and that was a really tight squeeze. It was for a 15" DC XL.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.