Sonic Electronix

Can 1 SMD 18 on 4000watts do a hairtrick?

yeah man, i cant be too much help, cause all im playin with is two ppi flat piston 10's.. but i understand that moving air its key :) ha

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

that is all :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Was your youtube video in that thread?

me? no

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

Was your youtube video in that thread?

me? no

Guess I should have been more clear who I was talking to. All though its not your thread and you don't have a video in it??? Either way I meant my question to go to the OP about if his youtube video was in the link that I provided for him?

Edit=spelling

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

jus my 2cents, but from my understanding isnt the key to a hair trick moving alotta mass.... eather high xmax & or alotta mass... ?

its displacing alot of air. and when your limited on cone area you need alot of x-max and need to be able to displace enough air out of your box to do that

am i the only one who thinks 2 yellow tops isnt enough power for said amp?

nope i thought it too but decided to focus on one aspect of this build. yellow tops aren't good for car audio and those T4ks are current hungry

jus my 2cents, but from my understanding isnt the key to a hair trick moving alotta mass.... eather high xmax & or alotta mass... ?

key to a hair trick is to move a lot of air. You can only move air with cone area, therefore more cone area = more air movement.

didn't you say do 2 12's? which has less cone area then 1 18

all in box design! and 2 12's is close in cone area to 1 18 too. 1 18 is abou 254 sq inches, 2 12's is like 226 or something.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Motor force I belive play a pretty big factor from my experience. I had a guy that had a 18" SSA XCON on 2 AQ2200 strapped at 1ohm I believe making over 4000watts clamped. Well it wasnt moving that much air, he switches it out with a 18" Sundown Z v.2 all of sudden he can do hairtricks now...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

all in box design! and 2 12's is close in cone area to 1 18 too. 1 18 is abou 254 sq inches, 2 12's is like 226 or something.

yea well you said something about cone area and used that a reference so i was just making a point and thats also why i gave him some advice on a new BOX DESIGN that should be alot more effective then waht he has now

and Eric B is right and the SMD has alot of motor force considering the moving mass on those subs are very heavy

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived