Sonic Electronix

Trying to run 4 alpine type r12's with two alpine m850 amps. I have two optima red tops under the hood, with a stock alternator. Should I beef this up any more? More batteries when i go to the 4 subs and two amps, or will the two redtops be enough. Also the same with the stock alternator? Do I need to upgrade it? If so, what kind should i get?

mivtCK.png

Trying to run 4 alpine type r12's with two alpine m850 amps. I have two optima red tops under the hood, with a stock alternator. Should I beef this up any more? More batteries when i go to the 4 subs and two amps, or will the two redtops be enough. Also the same with the stock alternator? Do I need to upgrade it? If so, what kind should i get?

red tops hate fast drain... and have slow recharge... but since it what you have ied try to get atleast a another red top.. because they dont link well with other battery brands. make sure you have done the big 3 upgrade.and if you have the monies get a h.o alt.

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

yea you should really upgrade the alt. any brand advertised on this site are a good choice.

before you do anything, you need to tell us what your voltage drop is at full tilt. go ahead and do the big 3, it needs to be done anyway. Red tops discharge quickly, and take a while to charge back up. so they are not ideal for car audio. what amperage is your stock alternator?

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Archived