bassl0va Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 Dropping to 12v... Not really a problem But yeah, his amp probably only does around 1000watts RMS. If you do it all nice and right you can easily beat him. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Author Report Posted December 12, 2010 But there was one thing I thought I mentioned but rereading it I see I missed it, the watts if they are even rated could be at 1 ohm, and he might not even be wired to 1 ohm. 2600 watts is a lot to be running off of a completely stock electrical system...especially a Honda. Stock alt is like...80 amps max? If he was actually pulling enough current I would assume he'd be dropping even lower than 12 volts. Volts is the # on the amp thingie correct? Haha, because I've seen it dropped to 11.5 before. But yeah, like his bass sounds like bass on youtube. Like, its not actual bass. Its just a loud noise that has a little "hint" of bass. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Author Report Posted December 12, 2010 Dropping to 12v... Not really a problem But yeah, his amp probably only does around 1000watts RMS. If you do it all nice and right you can easily beat him. Describe nice. Haha and I see you make box designs. Hook a bro up Haha Just kidding, I would be serious but I don't have a credit card to use atm. :/ MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
bassl0va Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 Dropping to 12v... Not really a problem But yeah, his amp probably only does around 1000watts RMS. If you do it all nice and right you can easily beat him. Describe nice. Haha and I see you make box designs. Hook a bro up Haha Just kidding, I would be serious but I don't have a credit card to use atm. :/ First one on the house mate My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Author Report Posted December 12, 2010 You would actually make a box for me? I mean, if your serious, then I would be interested when I get my whole set-up. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
bassl0va Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 You would actually make a box for me? I mean, if your serious, then I would be interested when I get my whole set-up. I have to leave the fun part (making it) up to you, but I can design it and give you measurements. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
finkster Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 well he's running cvr's so we know he's running an amp that isnt doing anything close to 2.6kw. I think you're going to give him a damn good run for the money. Ive witnessed many Qs before that were straight nasty. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 You would actually make a box for me? I mean, if your serious, then I would be interested when I get my whole set-up. I have to leave the fun part (making it) up to you, but I can design it and give you measurements. I thought the fun part was getting his "hole" set up Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Sammitch0 Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 Like others said he most likely has a pre-fabricated enclosure. You will want ported for sure if you need a design for you car give me a pm I will walk you through it and create a design for you free. Also a single 12" SSD will own two 15" CVR's know how I know? I went from two 15" CVR's to a single 15" SSD and it was almost twice as loud haha. Why are you running a 1200D on subs that can take an EASY 1000RMS? If I was you I'd suggest a 2200D for them things since my fully loaded SSD @ 12.5v did about 1200RMS . If not then just go with some AQ HDC2.5's you won't regret it. Personally your setup is going to rape his on excessive levels, just build a box throw all your equipment in and keep your voltage above 12v and GG to him. By the way expect a lot more than rear view shake and back message, this thing might actually surprise you and hurt gl hf Personally go with an AQ 2200D + 2 x 12" SSD OR go AQ 1200D + 2 x HDC2.5 if you're on a budget both will friggin tromp those CVR's and probably cost less. Grand Cherokee Team Backwoods Bumpers DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils Pioneer deh4200ub Pioneer 3-ways Pioneer Tweeters Pioneer GM-D9500F Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v Clarion Equalizer Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200
TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 I would stay away from sammitch, ryan. My $0.02 Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.