Guest Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 a "1300" watt sony amp and you have voltage drop? how is that even possible?
TeamHT Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 10g wiring, lol. I still call bullshit on this guy. In another thread he said he's running 3500 watts rms. 3500 on stock alternator Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Dan2427 Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 I'm running an AQ3500 at .5 ohm on stock alt only drop to low 13's. Not tryin to poke at the subject just sayin it can happen (98 Grand Cherokee if it matters). I once hooked up a sub to the alt and that bish drew a good 600 amps...... 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
bassl0va Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 I'm running an AQ3500 at .5 ohm on stock alt only drop to low 13's. Not tryin to poke at the subject just sayin it can happen (98 Grand Cherokee if it matters). I once hooked up a sub to the alt and that bish drew a good 600 amps...... Stock alt? So what? How many batteries? At least you didn't go and get a 300A alt for a 3.5K amp. So many unnecessary upgrades on this site. Haha Hooked a sub straight to an alt? My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
TeamHT Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 I'm still calling more bullshit. What battery bank? I would really love to see how well this stock alt is working for you as it burns itself inside out trying to keep your batteries charged. Low 13s for that amount of current...basically....I don't believe a word you say. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
TeamHT Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 Let alone...how you measured the current draw of the amp hooked directly to the alt...lol. this should be fun. How many runs of 0 gauge to supply 600 amps? Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Guest Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 Let alone...how you measured the current draw of the amp hooked directly to the alt...lol. this should be fun. How many runs of 0 gauge to supply 600 amps? OOH OOH OOH I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!
TeamHT Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 Lol, I knee you would. But I'm just curious....will it take him 10 minutes to Google it or will he provide a quick answer... Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
DBz Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 LOL, alt to sub? Riiiggghhhtttt. Look man, to the OP, 2 high power 12's with TRUE rms power can definitely be louder than 2 CVR 15s running so so on a shitty amp. Like you said, his isn't "bass" bass, if you want seat massaging, maybe even door panel flexing shit, ported box, facing forward port forward, sealed off, maybe some sound deadening...and you won't be disappointed. FYI, Fi > Kicker (2) Kicker L5 12's Alpine IDA-X305 HU Dual Optimas Big three Kenwood EQ RF Components Hifonics Brutus 1K (Subs) Alpine MRP 250 (Mids/Highs) Lots o' sound deadening
TeamHT Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 He can't seal off, so he has more hills than just power. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.