Sonic Electronix

Dynamat vs FatMat vs Peel & Seal

then use second skin if you arent worried about cost

you are wrong id do a single layer of damplifier pro over fat mat or peal and seal or edead etc. I should have taken pictures of the fat mat next to the damp pro.

what he said...also theres another brand that is as thick as damplifier pro but alot less money I have been wanting to try www.zillamat.com. and I feel ya with the search button, I have tried it several times and not once found what I was looking for.

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Everyone has bad experience with different stuff.

I use installed 2 layers of FatMat 8months ago, helped a lot, didn't/doesn't smell

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

Or just ignore the post if it annoys you. This is a public forum for people to ask and answer questions on and share knowledge.

Same logic would apply to responses. If they annoyed you you should just ignore it, correct?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Or just ignore the post if it annoys you. This is a public forum for people to ask and answer questions on and share knowledge.

Same logic would apply to responses. If they annoyed you you should just ignore it, correct?

I guess you got me on that one. I guess it just annoyed me I put a post up wanting help, and he had to be a smartass about it. Like I didn't realize the search button was there or something.

mivtCK.png

Oh, I'm not worried. I only said I can understand people getting annoyed. I'm very good at just adding people to an ignored list and moving on with my life. Just saying I can understand where both sides are coming from.

But really wanted to point out to people who want to state something but not follow the advice. I've given more than my $0.02 in this thread and will only respond further to the topic at hand.

Like previously stated, I prefer rattletrap. But hades has shown another interesting product I might just test out on the next person who wants something deadened.

I bought some lowes brand of peel and seal. It was cheap, don't smell too bad and the glue was excellent. Better than fatmat imo. Put it on the floor of my nissan and it made a noticeable difference. I've used 100 feet of fatmat I'm my 4x4 chevy and it worked too but the glue is not too good. The stuff I got from lowes was made to stop drafts and noise from around house windows. It was cheap and worked for me. Been in for a month and I don't smell anything, but I work @ a a transmission shop so I'm used to smelling a lot of nasty stuff.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

Oh, I'm not worried. I only said I can understand people getting annoyed. I'm very good at just adding people to an ignored list and moving on with my life. Just saying I can understand where both sides are coming from.

But really wanted to point out to people who want to state something but not follow the advice. I've given more than my $0.02 in this thread and will only respond further to the topic at hand.

Like previously stated, I prefer rattletrap. But hades has shown another interesting product I might just test out on the next person who wants something deadened.

yeah, 50 bucks to do doors seems like a small enough amount of money that if it does suck, it wont hurt too bad :) my plan is to try it on my doors, if no one else gets it first I will post up my opinion on it.

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Well then hurry up because I'm just going to tell every person that comes in to install ill give them a good deal on deadener....ha ha

No shit, look into Ballistic sound deadener. Seen some at a shop a couple of towns over and got a little in my truck. It is really thick, really sticky and is really hard. I guess all deadeners are hard. But really good stuff. If I could afford it, I would do my whole vehicle with it.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

i put 3 layers of second skin on my trunk lid, and lets just say it's turned into a guillotine.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Archived