Electrical Problem

and also... cars now a days dont have frames either so good luck with that...

and if you dont believe me then do some research before you tell people stuff. just s simple Google search will give you the answers... and if the magnet doesnt stick then that panel of that car is probably plastic, still not aluminum.

a body is made of steel lol. not aluminum.... hahaha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You've obviously have never owned or worked a true steel body, because if you have you would know exactly how hard it is to pull a dent out. Newer cars use aluminum alloy bodys. I never once said it was PURE aluminum. Yes a pure aluminum body like what was used on Shelby Cobras are very expensive, but so is steel. But thats all besides the point. The shock tower is not as good a ground as the frame/sub frame.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

ok still no... but yes it is a fine ground... and like i already pointed out.... if you ever looked underneath a car, there IS NO FRAME. and a subframe would be made of aluminum. please, do some research, or even better just go look at your own car, or your moms car. trucks are different because they do have frames, but cars do not. they are whats called unibodies. the body of the car is the frame, it is the whole structure of the car. no frames. im not going to argue with you because i hope the op has the common since do do his own research and not listen to either of us. and this thread is not about what a car is made of. but please google it. anyway like i already said.

check all your wires and make sure your alternator wire did not somehow get grounded out.

and also... cars now a days dont have frames either so good luck with that...

and if you dont believe me then do some research before you tell people stuff. just s simple Google search will give you the answers... and if the magnet doesnt stick then that panel of that car is probably plastic, still not aluminum.

No shit sherlock hence why I said sub frame. ALL vehicals have some sort of frame even unibodies. What the fuck do you think the motor mounts to?

This is pointless. Im done arguing with an idiot shade tree mechanic. Peace.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080506003113AApW2We

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_car_bodies_made_from

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080907103313AA0f52y

want some more?? and sorry do disappoint you but ive been though 6 years of school and 4 years on the job as a mechanic. where do you work?

Edited by mprete

i had this happen to a co-worker. when he hit the brakes hard his battery would shift and cause the positive terminal to short out shutting off the entire car for a second til he got moving again. this can be a really REALLY bad deal. hopefully you figure out the problem soon

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

This happen to me as well I was driving and I was bumping and all of a sudden my entire car shut off. I went to look at my fuses and they were all fine but as I was moving around in my car checking the fuses the power came back. I never knew what caused it but I agaithe big three and it never occurred again.

Edited by StreetSlappah

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

why in the world would the body of the car and the strut mount bolt or either of them be aluminum? an all aluminum body would make a very expensive car... and not a very strong strut mount (which has a 1.4 of the whole cars weight being forced up on it...

those threads are welded in. Welds are never great ground points. they always create resistance. always

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

why in the world would the body of the car and the strut mount bolt or either of them be aluminum? an all aluminum body would make a very expensive car... and not a very strong strut mount (which has a 1.4 of the whole cars weight being forced up on it...

those threads are welded in. Welds are never great ground points. they always create resistance. always

they cant be welded in or else you wouldnt be able to take the strut out and replace it. its usually a presses fit or bolted on the bottom. they may weld it for extra strength but that wont effect the conductivity b/c its still in contact with the rest of the rest of the body and the rest of the strut, which is attached to the the entire car basically.