Electrical Problem

I just installed some bus bars on top of my battery up front(for less voltage drop, more expandability), soldered and wired everything up. No problem, but then I was driving today and my head unit seemed to be kickin on and off, which didnt worry me too much. Then my car completely shut off.....so i pulled over luckily into a parking lot and checked it out, and smelled like i fried somethin, but there are no fuses blown from the alt-battery 1/0 run or the stock wiring from the alt to the battery. Then that had my looking at the grounds, and those are all solid. I didnt change anything with the wiring under the engine, just added ring terminals so they could attach to the bus bars. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated!

RF T600-4

RF T1500-1BDCP

FI BL 15

Iraggi 190A Alternator

Big 3

Kinetik HC1800

Kinetik HC2400

Knu Flex 1/0

2 Sets of RF T2 Component 6.5's

Own but not installed...yet

1 Set of RF T2 Component 6.5's

1 Set of Qlogic Kickpanels

If your ENTIRE car shut off that's usually a sign of something shorting.

Ya, I mean, the car still runs now, but it doesnt really explain how it shut off completely, then all of the sudden gained power again, like something is loose. But all the wires are secured, zip tied, no fuses blew during this whole thing, so its got me scouring my car for clues to what exactly happened, lol

RF T600-4

RF T1500-1BDCP

FI BL 15

Iraggi 190A Alternator

Big 3

Kinetik HC1800

Kinetik HC2400

Knu Flex 1/0

I would really check the grounds. Where are they placed? Have the bars come in contact with anything?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I would really check the grounds. Where are they placed? Have the bars come in contact with anything?

1 ground goes to the strut mount, one goes to the engine block. Both are secure, and as for the bus bars, they are both on top of the battery, and I made them so they wouldnt touch the hood or anything around them. But I am headed out to the garage right now, hopefully can find out what the hell is goin on

RF T600-4

RF T1500-1BDCP

FI BL 15

Iraggi 190A Alternator

Big 3

Kinetik HC1800

Kinetik HC2400

Knu Flex 1/0

The only thing I can think of is a line shorted on something in your car.

If your headunit was the first to experience problems then I would check that.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

dude, really, where are you? if you're close to me PLEASE let me look at it. If you're not PLEASE let me send you somewhere to have it checked...PLEASE!!! I hate hearing about this kind of thing...your next thread will most likely be "so my car burned to the ground today..."

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

dude, really, where are you? if you're close to me PLEASE let me look at it. If you're not PLEASE let me send you somewhere to have it checked...PLEASE!!! I hate hearing about this kind of thing...your next thread will most likely be "so my car burned to the ground today..."

X2 man. Breaks my heart a little every time I hear stuff like that. When it could've been fixed with asimple connection