Superjay Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 The way I see it is some people are not that knowledgeable with the internet or these forums. Also, lets face it... The search button here does not work that great... Maybe 1 out of 10 times I had success using it. I also feel that the people that are knowledgeable on here are like teachers to the ones that aren't... How would you feel if you asked your teacher how to do something and they told you "What are you fucking stupid?" "Use the books" One thing I learned in the IT business what I may think of as second nature or just know on the top of my head is totally unknown to someone else. You wouldn't be in business long if someone asked you for help and you insulted that person asking for help and made them feel like a retard... well said...it is a rare occasion I'll knock someone down a few notches...those i do are usually the guys giving advice who have no business doing so. People who ask how get and answer, people who ask why learn a skill. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Team_DC-Derrick Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 The way I see it is some people are not that knowledgeable with the internet or these forums. Also, lets face it... The search button here does not work that great... Maybe 1 out of 10 times I had success using it. I also feel that the people that are knowledgeable on here are like teachers to the ones that aren't... How would you feel if you asked your teacher how to do something and they told you "What are you fucking stupid?" "Use the books" One thing I learned in the IT business what I may think of as second nature or just know on the top of my head is totally unknown to someone else. You wouldn't be in business long if someone asked you for help and you insulted that person asking for help and made them feel like a retard... I think its more along the lines of almost all the questions that are being asked now, have been asked before.... now, do i insult people when i tell them to research, no i try to be nice about it.. But its just the same questions getting asked over and over, and its 1 out of 1000 posts that are genuine and some one honestly needing help. yes the search does suck ass, but the same questions are generally brought up in 4 or 5 different sections, so if you check atleast 1 of the sections before making the post you can almost always find the answer your looking for. old timers like bill had to learn from doing it, and doing it, the internet wasnt out back then so he learnt the hard way. But if some one cant flip through some pages to see if its been asked, because they are 2 lazy, all honestly they do deserve to get treated like a retard.. ive found some questions people have asked by going into the section it was supposed to be and the same question they asked, was already asked and had an answer on the first page. The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
corteznewbie Posted December 15, 2010 Author Report Posted December 15, 2010 so jay can i get some t 3's down in farmington? or would i have to order threw you. i got til feb to save up. Right now Andrew is not carrying the line. He may soon, but right now he's not. if you want T3 he can order through me. If you want to order here go to the T3 section and get a hold of Ed Lester. he's the team leader, and takes care of direct to end user sales on this site. Andrew is a very good friend of mine, and knows he can get anything from me at any time, so there will be no issue with him trying to sell you something else if what you want is T3. If he thinks something else will fit your application better he will tell you...he is one of the nicest and most honest people I've ever met, let alone in this industry. He is also a 4 time world SPL champion, so he knows what he's talking about. I'm not sure when I'll be in that area again, but it won't be too long...my inlaws live there, so I go see him a few times a year (even though farmington is way off the beaten path....) Although I'm sure I won't be there before summer. 4 corners is not exactly rife with car audio shops. well hit me up when ya get here. Team DBs (Driven By sound)
Superjay Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 I can do that. if you need Andrew's contact info let me know. I can always discuss things with you and him over the phone. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
corteznewbie Posted December 15, 2010 Author Report Posted December 15, 2010 i didnt read all the post in this thread only the first five or six but yes when you have been here a while you do start to see the same things but honestly who cares? the fourm doesnt move any slower from more post and telling people to start using the search button doesnt help it only makes you look like an ass and idk if you guys have used the search button but i did last night to find my build log and i typed in the whole title word for word and it came up on like page 8 or 9....its by date ..... so instead of getting my build i got all the threads i have posted in not my build log. but since it works lets do a search heres what i type in "does aq amps do rated power" and i get hooked it up but disappointed important note sundown pre order best 3-5k amp for 800 and wtb rf amp none of those tell what it does rated and why would anyone want to look thru 30 pages to find one answer?? when new people or anyone for that matter make a new post why bash them and belittle them? does it give you any higher power? does it make you any smarter? does it make you feel any better cuz you know the answer? if you know the answer then post it and move on or just hit the back button its not all that hard guys just last night someone asked what a the knob was that turn up bass was and i posted and said it was a bassknob and his reply was thanks.....end of thread but i can think of 2 people on hand that would see that and say use the search button, then his little butt buddy would say fucking noob use the search button.Then the OP would say he tired with no luck,then someone would have to come in and post what it was and the OP say thanks so if your worried about filling up the fourm then right there you turned a 3 post thread into a 6 or 7 post thread. also just because you are older/been here longer DOES NOT mean you no everything! yea i understand all the VETs that no alot of shit are in here and they know there shit but also you all have to understand that just because you were here in 08 and have 100,000 post doesnt mean you know as much as someone that come in and has 10 post..... they might have been in car audio for 20+ years you all dont know peoples background so dont judge someone on their post count Who you talking about? and for me i'm not talken bout any person in particular just what i've seen what really bugs me is the name callen of the person that started the thread. Team DBs (Driven By sound)
corteznewbie Posted December 15, 2010 Author Report Posted December 15, 2010 I can do that. if you need Andrew's contact info let me know. I can always discuss things with you and him over the phone. cool cool i got til feb to make my final decision. i wanna go with a under ground brand. you know like i never heard of them then turn it up and let them have it lol Team DBs (Driven By sound)
korey_hofer Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 alot of people come off as know it alls when they have been doing it for years and years and get sick of the myths and fads people by into previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
ChampN252 Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 I love this place as much as the next man, but if I need help and wanted a honest answer, I talk to the old heads at the local stereo shops. They are happy to just see you in their shops and are willing to give you honest info even if you chose to believe it or not. Something else I hate are people that say most shop owner don't know shit. Bugs me. 2012 Honda Accord Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
corteznewbie Posted December 15, 2010 Author Report Posted December 15, 2010 my main point is in one way or another we are here to learn and teach each other. theres a difference between givin some one shit in a joken way and treaten some one like shit Team DBs (Driven By sound)
LoudNLow931 Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 When you have been around here as long as I have, you get to see many many multiple threads asking the same exact thing. Hence where the use the search button came about. So ignore the thread rather than post something stupid just to raise your post count and try to act cool. And yet you are unable to follow your own logic. If you do not approve of the comment...you should...ignore it yes? People asking simple questions that can be covered in a Google or site search get a little annoying but I do my best if I feel the member is legitimately asking for help. Too many a times its just some talker wasting time. The responsibility to learn is shared. How can you expect everything to be given? To me, the logic also applies to life. It's almost like you're wanting someone to devote their time to answer a question they were not willing to devote all of 3 minutes it would take to search. There is a lot of science covered in many subjects that get asked 8 to 10 times a day and people getting annoyed is understandable. And it has nothing to do with being a know-all. No such thing anyways. More likely to meet a unicorn humping a troll before you meet one of those. You total missed the point of this thread. If a thread is created that annoys you or you have already answered, Instead of going and saying use the search, Why not just ignore it? obviously you like the attention and like to harass people for no reason. This forum is for people that both know Stuff about car audio and people that are here to learn more. Not everything can be found by using the search, Have you ever used it? Alot of the time it brings up random stuff your not looking for. There are plenty of people on here that think they "Know it all" and when a new person joins and asks a simple question and gets a douchebag response what does he do? Leaves the forum and goes some where else. I don't know about you but If i was Steve I would want more people to join the community and have a quality experience on this website rather than get bitched at and called a noob for asking a simple question that they may not know the answer to. Me personally when I read some threads and see the responses people make it really makes me sit back and think "My God. These are the people whom I will have to grow up with and deal with." Done with my rant. 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins 4 FT1s C1600.2 8 PWX 8s ONX2.100 Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener My Youtube Feedback
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.