Sonic Electronix

I was going to say...my subs only play to 35Hz...my midbass play 51hz with gusto all day long. 51hz is easy for earbuds...if you want it tuned lower make the enclosure larger...probably about .95 for a 40Hz F3

yeah, once apon a time, (few months ago) my one buddie that was/is into competition audio, that really got me into audio was showin me all kinds of shit, and i had all kinds of equations and stuff to help figure what needs to be what... (if that makes sense) but i have the memory of a goldfish, so unless it says pounded into my head i forget shit fast. haha he moved back down to arizona and i just text him when i have a question. haha so not as sharp as i use to be.. but hell im 22 so i have a long time to learn. i think though imma have to deal with the 51hz b.s because the 1.6ft box im glassing now is all the room i have for where im putting it... i guess that will fly though.. not competing or anything. jus lookin for good sq.. for now

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

and polyfil

polyfil is useless...completely useless. If you want to reduce standing waves inside the enclosure use closed cell foam, open cell foam or acoustic fiberglass (this is a very specific type of fiberglass...not the stuff you get at home depot...try Johns manville)

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Why dont you just go the stock 1.4 with a 4 inch port 14 long you will get more output then cross it over at 60hrtz 12db slope. 1 sub will sound better than 2 sealed plus it will take less wattage to run

arent standing waves usually only an issue with a square box... and from my understanding isnt that like the #1 rule of building a box... DONT MAKE IT SQUARE?

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

arent standing waves usually only an issue with a square box... and from my understanding isnt that like the #1 rule of building a box... DONT MAKE IT SQUARE?

in a word, no. there are standing waves the run across the front of the cone. Standing waves reflect anywhere they can....they are evil little bastards and there is nothing you can do to keep them from trying to cause physical distortion. All you can do is absorb them or force them to reflect differently.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

a common misconception is that adding fil to an enclosure will make the sub think the enclosure is larger. This is just not true. adding fil, or foam or glass pads to an enclosure doesn't slow the sound waves. Preventing standing wave distortion means you can run more power to the sub before it physically distorts. The standing waves try to push the diaphragm(cone) in odd directions causing it to run non-linear. No standing waves means the piston will remain linear longer.

@AUDIOTISTICS - a mic won't show you standing waves...you need a laser interferometer for that

Principal

Glad to see ya on here Jay ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)