Jump to content

Possible ground pounder build?


Recommended Posts

Posted

It is my understanding after doing some reaserch on Ground Pounder's that most if not all of you agree that a Ground Pounder is capable and built to play music. If this is true I would like to enlist you're help on building my first Ground Pounder. I am currently driving a 1996 Blazer and would like to keep my rear seats able to still be folded up. I am looking to play probably 90% rap/hip hop on my system with the other 10% being rock. Is this possible? I am currently looking at 2 Fi Q18's fully loaded. Will these get loud? I'm not sure if there will be any other configurations for subs I can do. I can spend 500-600 on subs. Thanks. And im sure looking forward to getting some LOUD beat in my truck with all of your help!

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Posted

i dont know if you have the space for 18s in the cargo area without it being all the way up to the roof. I know 18s are the new 12s but you may want to check into your measurements firs.t

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I'm not sure if that's considered a groundpounder, but the Fi Q's are great sounding subs.

What are you looking at in the way of power/electrical?

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Posted

Electrical will be taken care of with a 220amp alternator, big 3, and some good batteries. Would I be better off going with more smaller subs then just a couple big ones?

Edit: I want this thing to be as much of a Ground Pounder then I can get while spending 5-600 on subs. I want this thing the loudest in my town. I don't have much to compete with. One kid just has 2 Fosgate p2 10's on a 400-2 and another has 2 Fosgate p2 12's on 700 watts. People seem to think those are loud so I shouldn't even worry about being louder then them...

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Posted

What amp? I recommend 2 15s if you want to stay below the window line and have adequate air space for a daily system.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Knowing the exact amount of space will help others to help you. Get your maximum LxWxH.

Depends on the sub/power in whether or not the 2 18's would be louder than mulitple 12's.

There is a difference between 2 FI Q 18's vs 4 FI Q 12's and 2 FI Q 18's vs 4 Hifonics 12's.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Posted

2 15's for about 275 a piece? What 15's would fit that budget and get me close to mini Ground Pounding?

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Posted

2 15's for about 275 a piece? What 15's would fit that budget and get me close to mini Ground Pounding?

What amp?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3068 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...