Need Input from SQ guys

LT.Smoke

So i have a 2008 Impala LS that i have an SQ setup in it right now. Its not a world class SQ setup but it was affordable to me and its sounds good from what i think and have had some ex Meca SQ judges sit in and say its soundin great.

Here is waht i have in it

Mb Quart Reference Component-Front Stage

Memphis PR-Rear Fill

Mtx 5508 in Tline

Memphis Belle 5 channel

Alpine H-701 Running System fully Active with T/A

Here are my ?'s

I have the staging set up front in my car and it sounds great. I just orderer some Hsk 165's to replace my Mb Quarts...Will that change my staging if they go in the exact same location and will i have to re-tune to achieve the great imaging and staging i have now?

How much sub should you be able to hear?? I have it to where everthing seems to blend smoothly but are you supposed to be able to tell the sub is there?? Are you supposed to be able to feel it?

Just to make it clear my rear stage really has no presence in the vehicle i have everything projected up front and there seems to be no gap from the rear. That is what i ultimately want Right??

Thanks for any help you guys can provide... :D

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

So i have a 2008 Impala LS that i have an SQ setup in it right now. Its not a world class SQ setup but it was affordable to me and its sounds good from what i think and have had some ex Meca SQ judges sit in and say its soundin great.

Here is waht i have in it

Mb Quart Reference Component-Front Stage

Memphis PR-Rear Fill

Mtx 5508 in Tline

Memphis Belle 5 channel

Alpine H-701 Running System fully Active with T/A

Here are my ?'s

I have the staging set up front in my car and it sounds great. I just orderer some Hsk 165's to replace my Mb Quarts...Will that change my staging if they go in the exact same location and will i have to re-tune to achieve the great imaging and staging i have now?

How much sub should you be able to hear?? I have it to where everthing seems to blend smoothly but are you supposed to be able to tell the sub is there?? Are you supposed to be able to feel it?

Just to make it clear my rear stage really has no presence in the vehicle i have everything projected up front and there seems to be no gap from the rear. That is what i ultimately want Right??

Thanks for any help you guys can provide... :D

Don't worry....i got you....

1.Your good to go...Hertz is auto SQ...no but seriously...it'll be fine

2. As far as the sub goes it sounds as if you got it set-up right....as long as it's overpowering and it blends nicely...and yes...it's ok to feel it...that's it's primary job in the whole scheme of things....and you want it low....the front stage will do the rest

3. You want to be able to close your eyes and not be able to know where specific speaker are arranged....it has to all come at you...like a concert...you want it to sound as if you have a center channel speaker....but you don't! lol

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

I'll agree with all that

but anytime you change speakers you'll have some tuning to do. You should be able to close your eyes and point to each instrument on THE SOUND STAGE (where it was in studio when recorded) but not be able to identify where each speaker is.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

toss the rears in the trash while your at it. :)

rears are making a comeback...if they're done right they make for a very nice stage. If you can close your eyes and KNOW there are rear speakers they need to be retuned or go away

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

My Rears have no pull in my car at all... I just didnt want the garbage ass paper cones back there and had the memphis settin round so i tossed em ini there :)

Is there any technical shit i need to look into to make my car sound phenomenal... Im hoping to be able to do really well in the Stock Meca SQ class this year

Also can someone point me to where i can get some good reading material on making Time Alignment adjustments because this is the 1st time ive ever had it in any car ive owned??

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

I'll agree with all that

but anytime you change speakers you'll have some tuning to do. You should be able to close your eyes and point to each instrument on THE SOUND STAGE (where it was in studio when recorded) but not be able to identify where each speaker is.

Also this....forgot to add that..lol

My POS Bass machine-

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Im in Winchester VA now...

In the Kuntry LOL

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

My Rears have no pull in my car at all... I just didnt want the garbage ass paper cones back there and had the memphis settin round so i tossed em ini there :)

Is there any technical shit i need to look into to make my car sound phenomenal... Im hoping to be able to do really well in the Stock Meca SQ class this year

Also can someone point me to where i can get some good reading material on making Time Alignment adjustments because this is the 1st time ive ever had it in any car ive owned??

Hate to point ya here....but here is a good read!

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/371238-time-alignment-t-delay-etc.html

My POS Bass machine-

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Archived