Bagging and Body Dropping

Dodge is the most expensive truck there is to buy lowering components for! Never has been much of a following for it. Fords have an I-beam suspension therefore its hard to get the front to lay out unless you swap it over to a chevy front end components. If I was you man I'd buy a chevy s-dime or any chevy half ton full size. You can find alot of already bagged trucks for cheaper than it what it would cost in bagging and bodying a truck. Unless you wanna build a one off custom just for the sake of doing it. If you look you can find alot of project vehicles that are started but not done for fractions of what they have in it. Just a suggestion bro.

• 2 weeks later...

find a forum online that is specific to the vehicle you plan on bagging/bd'ing and search around...I'm in the process of buying parts for bagging a dime I picked up and its getting pricey...right now I have over 2500 in a bolt on 6 link and upper and lower control arms along with notchless tie rods...parts are pricey and not to mention your probably going to want to have a nice set of rims and obviously they aren't cheap either...

as for a bodydrop you could go a traditional but you'll lose headroom...it seems that a traditional would be easier to do but not without lots of research and planning...but if your taking it to a shop like every1 else said, expect to spend a lot...

haha dont need much headroom lol since im only 5'8.... but as of right now im just looking around to see whats out there as far as pricing and either bagging a trucks rear end piece by piece or just buy a 4 link.. since there isnt a cheap way to fully bag a truck (of course) since im about to catch up on some bills so i should be good with looking for a non finished project

lol...how hard is it to bag a vehicle...dude you are a disgrace.

Do you have a full sized gas shielded (not flux core) M.I.G. welder, and skills to pay the bills? Do you have a 30 gallon 120+psi air comp, with tons of tools to go with it? Do you have grinders, cutters, rotary's, wrenches, and the list goes on and on and on...if you have these tools, a space to work, and are very mechanically inclined you can put air ride on ANY vehicle, but see if you don't know that...you have no business having air ride..you're a hypebeast..

In my honest opinion, if you have not done one bit of research, think you can't find advice or guides to help install suspension, or install anything else for that matter, with the advent of the internet..you are probably someone who has no business owning/operating a bagged/hydro'd vehicle.

If you don't install your own Air ride, and work on your own vehicle, you are a hypebeast...aka a little rich boy who wants to look cool...

You are probably a white kid with skateboard shoes, with an s-10 your parents bought you, and you think having a bagged truck is just the coolest! rofl..

For most of us, our bagged/project vehicle takes years to complete because we work 1, 2, and sometimes even 3 jobs, one of which's whole paycheck goes toward tools/parts/etc..for said project...if you just want some instant gratification you are a hypebeast..

Wow the way you talk youd think you knew everything. I'm upset that I missed hitting you with the hammer.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

haha just hate i am not a rich kid or even near rich just asking questions... so i can get an idea doesnt mean im going to go out and how should i say my parents buy me a nice truck (haha) and take it right away and have them bag it to. you r just plain dumb, and i no it takes a long time to bag a truck, i just wated to get some peoples opinion.. u smartass

Yes ive seen trucks done in a weekend for bag/body drop

i want to do a bodydrop on mine , might try it myself. o shit lol

:lol: Awesome ride you got there bro ...

Wow the way you talk youd think you knew everything. I'm upset that I missed hitting you with the hammer.

:lol:

haha just hate i am not a rich kid or even near rich just asking questions... so i can get an idea doesnt mean im going to go out and how should i say my parents buy me a nice truck (haha) and take it right away and have them bag it to. you r just plain dumb, and i no it takes a long time to bag a truck, i just wated to get some peoples opinion.. u smartass

Yea, sometimes I wish I would have been born rich instead of being so damn good looking ... :lol:

I wish I could drop my truck too ... I had a slammed black 91 chevy fullsize back in the early 90s ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived