Sonic Electronix

New subs, Amp now goes into protection mode???

I don't know what they are wired to but I can describe how my friend wired them which is simple enoug. There are 4 wires going to my amp, 2 positive, 2 negative all coming off the postitive and negative terminals on the subs, nothing wired fancy inside the box. Then they are twisted together and bridged to the only 2 bridgable channels my amp has, the other 2 channels are only for high pass.

That's because sadly, rebel is pulling out normal issues but none that would apply to the direct issue. Gains shouldn't be set by how hard you want your subs to hit, you're pulling half the watts the amp says you will but its not 1 ohm stable. Which...if you got two D4 subs wired to a 1 ohm load would explain why.

I go over the basics then if you read AGAIN I asked him what his subs were wired down too.

When I try and help people I always see what they know before. And if there is a issue like say the gains I help correct it.

Don't worry I asked him what his subs are wired down too. I'll make sure to ask that everytime.

And sometimes the problem isn't what you might think it is.

I read rebel, but if YOU read nothing was changed here minus the subs. If the amp stopped working altogether then maybe his bass boost/gain might have something to do with it.

But if you read where he went from 8 ohm subs to 4 ohm subs what you should be thinking...single or dual. Obviously the gain/boost settings are valid questions but none to alleviate the direct issue.

So we know already stated different voicecoil configurations, and I'm going to assume he just wired them the exact same way the previous subs were wired, in which case with single 8 ohm subs makes sense why the gain was set so high, which would lead me to believe he's wired to a 1 ohm load which the amp is not intended for.

Then you can feel free to inquire about his settings.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

That's because sadly, rebel is pulling out normal issues but none that would apply to the direct issue. Gains shouldn't be set by how hard you want your subs to hit, you're pulling half the watts the amp says you will but its not 1 ohm stable. Which...if you got two D4 subs wired to a 1 ohm load would explain why.

I go over the basics then if you read AGAIN I asked him what his subs were wired down too.

When I try and help people I always see what they know before. And if there is a issue like say the gains I help correct it.

Don't worry I asked him what his subs are wired down too. I'll make sure to ask that everytime.

And sometimes the problem isn't what you might think it is.

I read rebel, but if YOU read nothing was changed here minus the subs. If the amp stopped working altogether then maybe his bass boost/gain might have something to do with it.

But if you read where he went from 8 ohm subs to 4 ohm subs what you should be thinking...single or dual. Obviously the gain/boost settings are valid questions but none to alleviate the direct issue.

So we know already stated different voicecoil configurations, and I'm going to assume he just wired them the exact same way the previous subs were wired, in which case with single 8 ohm subs makes sense why the gain was set so high, which would lead me to believe he's wired to a 1 ohm load which the amp is not intended for.

Then you can feel free to inquire about his settings.

Fair enough. Oh and I wasn't taking it as a attack. :drinks:

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

yea cuz with the kickers it was a final of 4 ohm load and the JLs might be duals that could bring them to a 1 ohm load and could absolutely shit on that amp

If they are singles that would mean that it would be a 2 ohm final and i dont see why it wouldnt play.

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

If everyone was giving out the same suggestions, he wouldn't have to many ideas to look over and learn about. Maybe it is just the wiring but since the gain/bass boost was brought up, then maybe he is interested into looking into more information on those issues just to gain knowledge :) Not everyone thinks the same. :pardon:

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I don't know what they are wired to but I can describe how my friend wired them which is simple enoug. There are 4 wires going to my amp, 2 positive, 2 negative all coming off the postitive and negative terminals on the subs, nothing wired fancy inside the box. Then they are twisted together and bridged to the only 2 bridgable channels my amp has, the other 2 channels are only for high pass.

do a shitty paint picture of it and show us

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

do a shitty paint picture of it and show us

I can see where that is going to go LOL!

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

yea cuz with the kickers it was a final of 4 ohm load and the JLs might be duals that could bring them to a 1 ohm load and could absolutely shit on that amp

If they are singles that would mean that it would be a 2 ohm final

Check the speaker terminals and it should say as an example "2 ohm MIN"

I have the spec booklet and it says DC resistence 3.51 ohm and nominal impedence 4 ohm nothing about a final ohm