NEW GUY AROUND HERE / STARTING THE BUILD ON MY VIBERATOR!

hey whats up guys, i didnt see an intro section so this is going to my intro/showoff/build thread haha

uh...my name is chad and i am a professional photographer. i mostly shoot nice high HP imports and domestics. i live in the suburbs of Atlanta and i am in the process of doing the audio build in the car i picked up a few months ago....i call it the viberator lol

it has taken a few months but i wanted to do it right and i had a hard time deciding what i wanted and sticking with it lol

a few months back i picked up my new to me 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT. a little info on these cars for people not in the know....this car is a joint project between Pontiac and Toyota. its a Corolla platform with the 180HP variable valve timing 1.8L motor and 6 speed manual transmission from the Celica GT-S. i bought the closest one to me that was for sale and wasnt junky and had to make a 8 hour round trip to get it. not very common cars(unlike the base models that have the 130HP motor and 5 spd transmission....those are everywhere)....here is the viberator....

crazy1done111.jpg

oldtown2done234.jpg

oldtown32done.jpg

now on to the audio build portion....the car came with a Pioneer FH-B8000BT and JL Audio Co-ax's. the plan for the build is something that is decently loud but sounds very good. not worried about what it does on the meter or looking to win any SQ comps. i just want a well rounded audio set-up that sounds great listening to rage against the machine or pastor troy and hits HARD when i want it to.

at first i decided i wanted cone area, and i wanted "small" subs so i got 4 T3 Audio T.400 10" subs....

t3t4002-1.jpg

i also got 2 sets of T3 Audio 6.5" component sets for the front and rear doors(not pictured...yet)

after having a talk with my friend and box builder kevin aka AV8ter, i decided to go with a different sub set up for two reasons....

1-making four 10's fit in the back of the vibe wasnt going to be a clean install, it would just look "awkward" because of the way they would have to be staggered in the enclosure.

2-carbon weave cones are sooooo sexy OMG SKEET SKEET SKEET

so i put the T400 10's up for sale....sold two of them still got two left....hit me up if ya want them hahhaa and picked up a T3 Audio T2000 15" with the black carbon cone....at this time i also got a couple amps, one of a kind amps...only ones in the world right now. a T3 Audio TX-125.4 for the components and a T3 Audio TX-1100.1D for the sub....

stackingaudio.jpg

generic photo of the sub:

TEC-350-T3-T2000-18D.JPG

generic photo of the components:

001.jpg

004.jpg

the 1100D is not in the picture cause i do not physically have it, it was being worked on. unfortunately the repair is taking longer than was originally thought it would...plus im going to be nice and let JD(the owner of T3) run the TX-125.4 in his company demo vehicle. im losing some very cool amps but its all good cause the TX-1100D was kinda weak for a T2000 woofer.

thanks for having me here guys and stay tuned cause lots of goodies are currently in transit and the enclosure is being designed. hoping to have everything installed and done within the next couple weeks :)

2003 Frosty White Pontiac Vibe GT AKA The Viberator

XS Power D5100R | Knukonceptz Kolossus 1/0 Big 3 | Knukonceptz Kolossus 1/0 and 4 Gauge | Knukonceptz Krystal Kable RCA's

Pioneer FH-B8000BT | T3 Audio 6.5" Components Front and Rear | T3 Audio T.2000 18" | AMI Creations Birch Enclosure Tuned to 34HZ

MB Quart DSC 125.4 Amp | MB Quart DSC 2000.1 Amp | Second Skin Damplifier Pro

www.chadbeephotography.com | Automotive Photography Website and Blog

t3logopng250.png

t3 builds coming out of the woodwork here.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

t3 builds coming out of the woodwork here.

they make some damn good stuff and its always nice to support a local company!

hell of a start :good:

got 3 new packages coming in the end of this week/start of next week :good:

2003 Frosty White Pontiac Vibe GT AKA The Viberator

XS Power D5100R | Knukonceptz Kolossus 1/0 Big 3 | Knukonceptz Kolossus 1/0 and 4 Gauge | Knukonceptz Krystal Kable RCA's

Pioneer FH-B8000BT | T3 Audio 6.5" Components Front and Rear | T3 Audio T.2000 18" | AMI Creations Birch Enclosure Tuned to 34HZ

MB Quart DSC 125.4 Amp | MB Quart DSC 2000.1 Amp | Second Skin Damplifier Pro

www.chadbeephotography.com | Automotive Photography Website and Blog

t3logopng250.png

Looking good man, keep it up.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

nice stuff you got there man, should look pretty sick!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Archived