My baffle is 1.5" thick birch and it still flexes pretty good. Dont skimp out on fiber glassing and bracing, as they are key to being loud and keeping your box in one piece.

The set-up loooks good though! im shocked at how far along you have come since your days with the 12s!

Any idea on an amplifier yet? i haven't seen you mention anything. Also, what do you plan on tuning to?

hit me up when you have more questions. im always down to help out a bit

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

baffle thickness is needed or you need brace the hell out of it with all thread or 2x4s from front to back to make that as solid as you can (slam on the breaks the wood snaps you got a sub in the back of the head)

baffle for 2 18s DCFC0241.jpg?t=1293742708

my baffle for my 15s

1116081635b.jpg?t=1293742503

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Thanks man, i owe you a lot for helping me come from those 2 12 inch kenwoods haha!

Yeah like i said, i will be using birch and MDF for the baffle

Yes i did. I did a lot of asking around and i learned a lot. I think I'm going to go with either a 3.5k DC audio amp or a 3k sundown. Probably DC

Wow that is impressive baffles, that's seriously thick haha!

Thank you for the feedback, really. If you guys see something that could be done better or if i am doing something wrong, please let me know. I don't know everything and i certainly am not perfect. But thanks again for your guys help and i will be posting up pictures as soon as i get more work done lol

Thanks man, i owe you a lot for helping me come from those 2 12 inch kenwoods haha!

Yeah like i said, i will be using birch and MDF for the baffle

Yes i did. I did a lot of asking around and i learned a lot. I think I'm going to go with either a 3.5k DC audio amp or a 3k sundown. Probably DC

Wow that is impressive baffles, that's seriously thick haha!

Thank you for the feedback, really. If you guys see something that could be done better or if i am doing something wrong, please let me know. I don't know everything and i certainly am not perfect. But thanks again for your guys help and i will be posting up pictures as soon as i get more work done lol

thats what she said.... last night ;)

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

2 bys would help, from front baffle to back, just make sure subs have enough to hold onto or they will fly.... Lol

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived