i have 2.5% for the back windows and rear windshield

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Here's the stock tint

On the second pic is that 5% over stock or some other percent over stock to equal 5%?

Cause I can't decide if I want 15% over my stock tint or 5% over my stock tint

Imo if you are thinking about doing 15% over stock or 5% just do the 5%. It's not much darker from the inside from my old 20% over the stock tint but it is much darker from the outside. It does take some time to get used to at night but in the day time I really never have a problem at all. I can stare into blinding, glaring headlights and not be bothered one bit which is REALLY nice at night.

I did 5% over 20% on my truck to start out with, hated it, could not see jack shit except in bright sunlight. Redid with 35% over 20%, which equals about 7%, just perfect.

That is what I had on my front windows and currently have on all my back windows and sometimes I don't think it's dark enough :shrug:. The side windows in the cargo area have two layers of 5% over the stock 20%. Even with all windows down, doors open, all the interior lights on you still can't see in even with sun shining directly in with your face on the glass. I did that so the nosy people who try to look at my system can't. The thing that really bothers me is how you can see out the windshield through the back glass from outside. When I had the 20% over stock, you could see through the back like as if it wasn't even tinted darker than stock.

Thanks chevy4x4blazer! I gotta make a decision by saturday.

And sorry for the thread jack shazaam but I found this thread and didn't think I should make a new one.

It's all good bro. I think you should just do the 5% over stock tint.

Do you have power windows? That will come in handy when reversing at night and also when driving thru/ turning into dark streets neighborhoods. Mainly to watch your turns and make sure there is no one in the way.

At first I had difficulty driving at night with the 5% + 20% on my front windows but I got used to it after a few days. Right now I have 3% on my front windows and its not as hard, but it's not as dark either which I kinda miss.

I'm actually considering doing a layer of 20% and making all the back windows double limo lol

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

Chevy4x4blazer: I do have power windows so that will help till I get used to it, and thanks for the advice about watching my turns.

Shazaam: thanks! I think I will do the 5% over the stock then. I just wasn't sure if I was gonna have a hard time seeing through them at night but I don't want people to see my system either, but since you and chevy4x4blazer said you both got used to it then I think I will too..

No prob man. It will be harder to see but that just comes with dark tint so that's something you'd have to deal with/get used to. It's really not that bad though. I use my side mirrors more than I look out the back even when I'm backing up so it doesn't bother me. A good idea of about how dark it would be is to wear dark sunglasses and look out your windows

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

i have a 94 civic hatch..with a wall.. so i have the backside windows and the hatch glass painted gloss black...cant see in or out.. many people have asked if i got tint lol..

i been runnin it like that for 3 yrs and just the other day a cop stoppd me on the freeway bc it was too dark..i hade computer printouts of the ohio tint law..and there is NO law on how dark it can be from the front 2 doors back... sooo he had to let me go..even tho he said im letting you off with a "warning" lolololol

My bro has 5% on all but the windshield well a 5% eye brow several inches below the TS1 mark. and cause he had Lasik he has a prescription which allows him to have it legally.

And talk about dark. its 35% over factory which has 5% on top of that. At least on the back windows. The front 2 doors are 5% only.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

i had 2 layers of 5% around the back(quater windows and back window), nd the passenger windows nd the whole front windshield 20% nd could see in at all in direct sunlight from any window till i got pulled over nd had to take the 20% of the windshield

Archived