new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

I got number 9 today :D

SO easy to use and I got a lot more power out of my mids and highs when I thought they couldn't get any louder

peace of mind is the best thing and the fact that it was so easy to set up and I can duplicate the same results on anyones system that I install is the best part!

great product and the first ten are just beta's.. I heard a couple nice things that will be added to the final version which will make it that much better and more of an all in one tool!

thanks Steve!! :drinks:

good shit kasey, use it well with all your local buddies - glad we could get your jeep fixed up and show you how to use it at the same time.

oh and the final version wont have all that shit i was telling you about, that is for in a few years or so. The final version of this one will have the proper probes and proper sized overlay. The overlay's on the first 10 came in like 1/100th of an inch too big and needed to be trimmed which made for a not so perfect edge on a few of them. Thats all taken care of on the first REAL batch.

thanks again everyone!

you should design some different inputs say like a female rca it would make it easier to find out if your head unit is clipping the signal to your amp only bad part is you would have to plug in the rca to 1 and then the other rca or maye you can do two of them idk its your product :)

P.S. it would also reduce the chance of shorting out the rcas

suggestion box is closed bro - sorry. Especially when you suggest something it already has lol. Thanks though.

o i c well i was beat to the punch line great job then :pardon: o and :ph34r:

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

you should design some different inputs say like a female rca it would make it easier to find out if your head unit is clipping the signal to your amp only bad part is you would have to plug in the rca to 1 and then the other rca or maye you can do two of them idk its your product :)

Did you not see the video where he plugs the alligator clip with the RCA on the other end straight into the distortion detector? It's already equipped for RCA's :good:

Looks like a beautifully designed piece of hardware. Major, major props to Tony D and Steve on this one. Gonna be invaluable when installing systems.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Also if I ever read of someone setting their gains by ear again I'm gonna drive to their house and whack them over the head with one of these.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Did you not see the video where he plugs the alligator clip with the RCA on the other end straight into the distortion detector? It's already equipped for RCA's :good:

Looks like a beautifully designed piece of hardware. Major, major props to Tony D and Steve on this one. Gonna be invaluable when installing systems.

i might have forgotten might have to watch it again :P

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Also if I ever read of someone setting their gains by ear again I'm gonna drive to their house and whack them over the head with one of these.

me too!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I got number 9 today :D

SO easy to use and I got a lot more power out of my mids and highs when I thought they couldn't get any louder

peace of mind is the best thing and the fact that it was so easy to set up and I can duplicate the same results on anyones system that I install is the best part!

great product and the first ten are just beta's.. I heard a couple nice things that will be added to the final version which will make it that much better and more of an all in one tool!

thanks Steve!! :drinks:

good shit kasey, use it well with all your local buddies - glad we could get your jeep fixed up and show you how to use it at the same time.

oh and the final version wont have all that shit i was telling you about, that is for in a few years or so. The final version of this one will have the proper probes and proper sized overlay. The overlay's on the first 10 came in like 1/100th of an inch too big and needed to be trimmed which made for a not so perfect edge on a few of them. Thats all taken care of on the first REAL batch.

thanks again everyone!

suggestion box is closed bro - sorry. Especially when you suggest something it already has lol. Thanks though.

Bahahahahaha......you say stfu so eloquently......you rock Steve!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

I was really hoping for this to be under the 100 dollar price point :(. Honestly how many of us have set our gains with oscopes and never blown a single thing? I mean if this thing tells u to turn your gain down a little even tho you've had it set (with your oscope) and bumping with no issues for a long time are you really gonna do it?

I think its sweet and if you dont have a oscope or access to a scope, you should really buy one of these. As for me I'm sticking to the scope for the time being. I would like to think most modern speakers can handle a little harmonic distortion. Been in the scene for almost 10 years now, only speaker I've ever blown was a stock one.

My question is, if you set your gains with oscope and say you've been pounding it at full tilt for a year or so and you hook this thing up to it and it says your distorting. Are you gonna lower your gains?

I was really hoping for this to be under the 100 dollar price point :(. Honestly how many of us have set our gains with oscopes and never blown a single thing? I mean if this thing tells u to turn your gain down a little even tho you've had it set (with your oscope) and bumping with no issues for a long time are you really gonna do it?

I think its sweet and if you dont have a oscope or access to a scope, you should really buy one of these. As for me I'm sticking to the scope for the time being. I would like to think most modern speakers can handle a little harmonic distortion. Been in the scene for almost 10 years now, only speaker I've ever blown was a stock one.

My question is, if you set your gains with oscope and say you've been pounding it at full tilt for a year or so and you hook this thing up to it and it says your distorting. Are you gonna lower your gains?

yup...i care how clean my sound is.

yup...i care how clean my sound is.

Ha nice simple answer i like that bro, i see where your coming from tho. its just weird that until now setting your gains with an oscope was like the perfection of amp tuning. Times are a changing ...

Edited by zeppyrkr