meade916

new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

829 posts in this topic

I made a little post about this last week just as a "feeler", to see if you guys would be interested in a product that can help you detect clipped signals and properly set up your system gains/max volume on deck etc. I know a lot of people dont wanna break off $300 or more on even the cheapest O-scope so this will be a handy little tool, for a decent price.

*****PROTO PICS DONT JUDGE THEM YET! *****

CIMG35501.jpg

CIMG3549.jpg

167320_481907665673_677110673_5832653_7520104_n.jpg

It is in prototype stage for now and i will let you know when it is going to be available. We are shooting to make this very affordable yet DEAD ON ACCURATE with o-scopes that cost even thousands of dollars. Every installer needs to know how high the deck, then processor and finally the amp can go before it clips. Either you are hurting your system and dont know it or you are LEAVING POWER ON THE TABLE and dont know it....

i will have video's of how this works up soon, check back here! i will post them up. Early testing, ON VIDEO, looks VERY promising!

I am working with the MAN himself Tony D, the inventor of the RF T15k on this so you KNOW it wont be junk!

**FYI** the two probes do NOT go in the traditional spot that an O-scopes leads would go. Its a little different. Stay tuned, you will see!

EDIT: THESE PICS WERE ADDED TO THE ORIGINAL POST SO THEY ARE EASIER TO FIND -

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image11.jpg

Image12.jpg

Image13.jpg

Image14.jpg

a LONG video, yet interesting :)

If this is affordable and really simple to use I would probably get one.

And I just finally bought a TPI-440 haha! Looks good though, I'd pick one up :good:

Ive occasionally wondered when something like this would come out. It appears this would be more of a tuning tool than something you could leave hooked up all the time in case you came across a clipped song etc?

Sweet! I hope it works out how you want because I would be very interested in something like that. I will definately keep my eye on this.

this is like my dream come true.

because there is no way in hell i would be willing/able to drop a couple hundreds on a o-scope

i hope it isnt over a hundred bucks

hell yea im excited. you got my money if this pulls through!! woot woot

I would deffinatly buy one!! I really don't want to drop a bunch of money on something i'm only gonna use everytime I get a new install (which for me isn't very often)

Edit: hopefully not to expensive also

157 User(s) are reading this topic

25 members, 132 guests, 0 anonymous users

HOLY CRAP!

Edited by DylanH

Ive occasionally wondered when something like this would come out. It appears this would be more of a tuning tool than something you could leave hooked up all the time in case you came across a clipped song etc?

this is a tool for setting your system up for maximum sound, minimum distortion. If you still choose to amplify a song that is clipped from the beginning, then i dont know what to tell you other then dont do that LOL. BUT, that being said, all you guys who over-analyze a CD you got at the store, and find a little clipping in the song, are really splitting hairs. Its funny to me that some people will panic over that but wont go buy an o-scope and set the gains properly. With this product, you wont have to.

To finish answering your question, the amp will probably do exactly what its suppposed to do and that is AMPLIFY whatever it is you told it to amplify.....the best you can do is avoid it. A little clipping in the song isnt going to hurt anything IMO - a LOT of clipping from an AMP gains being set improperly CAN hurt though.

I've seen songs that show pure red across the ENTIRE track LOL!