new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

i see a lot of people giving steve tons and tons of props for this unit. while i agree and give him props as well, i equally give tony d'amore props all the same. i'm sure he had a huge part in this product too

well there is a few people involved in it creation but i'm sure it was a good part Steven's idea to have this tool, Tony is the tech end of the creation. A lot of people are to thank for this not just them but also the people who are helping this take off with pre orders and such ya know. Everyones a winner here with this tool I know i'm fucking stoked!! :yahoo:

i see a lot of people giving steve tons and tons of props for this unit. while i agree and give him props as well, i equally give tony d'amore props all the same. i'm sure he had a huge part in this product too

Thanks man, my boy Juan Rodriguez and I have some time invested in it for sure. :)

You, Steven, and everyone else on it knocked it out the park on this one guy, i need one yesterday is about the only thing left to say, respect! :drinks:

I was just wondering what the battery life is like on the new units?

X2

Its a good question but no one wants to touch it?

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Apparently not that good as per the comments made during Pulse Car Audios testing videos.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

im sure its going to give oyu plenty of time to tune your amps on one charge. my scopeeats batteries too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

im sure its going to give oyu plenty of time to tune your amps on one charge. my scopeeats batteries too.

True, Good point. My scope is the same way must be a Velleman haha. Thing eats batteries just sitting on the shelf.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

I was just wondering what the battery life is like on the new units?

X2

Its a good question but no one wants to touch it?

On the battery life: I've designed special circuitry that turns the unit "off" when it's off, meaning its not "sleeping" its actually very much off. So if not being used the battery would last as long as if it wasn't plugged into anything. When being used it depends; if it is just "on" but no signals are being examined it should last around 15 hours continuous. When signals are being injected into it, the run time would be less because the DD-1 is doing more work. If used in a shop for 10-15 minutes at a time, several times a day, it should last for months.

We didn't design in a rechargeable system in order to keep costs down, and put the money into the design in more important places. If used in a very busy shop there is nothing stopping anyone from putting a rechargeable 9V in it, like this one My link Note however that rechargeable types have less capacity than a standard non-rechargeable alkaline battery, so it might have to be re-charged often.

Edited by TonyD'Amore

question, doesnt -15db seem like a massive overlap? compared to something like -3 or -5? idk it makes me think that my subs would stink up a lot. all the huge gain overlaps like -10, -15 confuse me. i dont fully understand it yet. i do know that the distortion is increased but then the dd detects it so would that mean its fine to use a -10db, -15db tone rather than -5db then?

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

question, doesnt -15db seem like a massive overlap? compared to something like -3 or -5? idk it makes me think that my subs would stink up a lot. all the huge gain overlaps like -10, -15 confuse me. i dont fully understand it yet. i do know that the distortion is increased but then the dd detects it so would that mean its fine to use a -10db, -15db tone rather than -5db then?

its all preference bro... Nobody says you have to use -15 lol. Of course you can use -5 or -10 if you want..-15 is just an option because some major bassheads might want more. :pardon:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916