new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

I don't understand what your beef is. What if you find out you've been clipping with an scope? The he'll does it matter how you find out? Clipping is clipping... Why buy a 300+ tool that you will use 1/xxx features when instead you can buy a tool at a fraction of the price that will suit the need of most members in the car audio world.

And I've used two oscopes... I wish they did have a light on it that says clipping or not. Trying to see a slightly squared wave wasn't easy for me. I'd rather have a tool that is simple and does what I need it to do. Why get a Swiss army knife if all your ever going to need it for is the knife and not the other 30 tools that are on it.

Edited by Rainman215

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

I don't understand what your beef is. What if you find out you've been clipping with an scope? The he'll does it matter how you find out? Clipping is clipping... Why buy a 300+ tool that you will use 1/xxx features when instead you can buy a tool at a fraction of the price that will suit the need of most members in the car audio world.

Geez no beef my man, just bringing out valid point, many members on this forum have oscopes already? is there any buying motive for us? I've seen other people try to say this product will detect distortion before a oscope clips, saying this device is better?

I was simply suggesting that using an oscope is a very valid way to set your gains and many of us have been doing it for years and when done properly I think it is more than accurate enough to not damage your equipment. I honestly wouldn't lower my gains if this device told me i was distorting while my oscope showed a clean signal.

Edited by zeppyrkr

Geez no beef my man, just bringing out valid point, many members on this forum have oscopes already? is there any buying motive for us? I've seen other people try to say this product will detect distortion before a oscope clips, saying this device is better?

I was simply suggesting that using an oscope is a very valid way to set your gains and many of us have been doing it for years and when done properly I think it is more than accurate enough to not damage your equipment. I honestly wouldn't lower my gains if this device told me i was distorting while my oscope showed a clean signal.

While a ton of people on the forums may have oscopes, I guarantee more members dont. If you like your oscope, sure, go ahead and use it instead, but many people cant tell a very slight square wave. Most are smart enough to realize 'Uh oh, the lights on'. Its simply a tool that is easier to know when your clipping, and is the fraction of the price of your average decent oscope, that most audio installers only use for checking gains anyways.

This isnt meant to be better than an oscope, just an easier and faster way to check what in your setup is clipping, or what you can even turn up without the extra bells and whistles most people dont need. Its not an oscope vs SMD DD fight to the death.

i also find it funny that people say 'oh that's too much money when i'm only going to use it once'. well...i dno about you guys but i'd rather spend that money safely on this instead of blowing my equipment on that one time use that was set wrong without it and spend more cash fixing or replacing the blown equipment.

i dont understand the problem either. if your not going to use this. why even take the time to try and bash it. its a budget tool that does what most people need it to do. if its not what you want then go on ahead and use your 300 dollar oscope. stop trying keep others from buying something when it actually works and does a great job at it.

i dont know steve, or the others who designed this tool. but im most certainly positive they wouldnt try to sell a piece of equipment if it wasnt going to be useful.

not trying to sound like an ass. but if you dont plan on using it, keep your negative comments to yourself. especially if their tiny issues that your just using to bash the equipment.

it does mostly every function of an oscope for half the cost. for those who have just daily drivers and are not in competition environments. im not going to spend my hard earned cash for an oscope with 400 functions when ill only use a couple of them

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

i also find it funny that people say 'oh that's too much money when i'm only going to use it once'. well...i dno about you guys but i'd rather spend that money safely on this instead of blowing my equipment on that one time use that was set wrong without it and spend more cash fixing or replacing the blown equipment.

Exactly. Even a cheap little audiopipe amp costs minimum $150 for decent amount of power. This device will be cheaper than that without the threat of replacing it. If it saves you one set of shit speakers that cost you $60 dollars, you would have saved half of your investment and YOUR TIME. My times worth alot to me, as I dont have a ton of it free. Doing stupid things like fucking with blown equipment would piss me off. Saving just one piece of equipment in my eyes, is well worth the $140 or less for this device. No hassle, set it and forgot it.

I also fuck with my stuff alot. Knowing I can always have a tool next to me to KNOW im not clipping, just would be an awesome feeling. And idk about you, but im always changing equipment and theres no decent installers around here but me. :peepwall: So when I turn a guys amp down to 2, guessing the shitty kenwood wont clip there, and I see him immediately turn it to 8...yeah, having that light that says DONT FUCKING MOVE ME MORE is a lifesaver.

most of the forum doesnt have a damn multimeter let alone a scope.....