Sonic Electronix

just finished mounting the subs and the port... sounds like the box is too damn big.... i remeasured and im looking at almost 10 cubes.. so i need to do some shrinking down to 5 or 6 then more tunning and hopefully it will work... it sounded better in a box in my trunk then it does currently ...

almost like its free air= too much space

is it sealed off around the box yet? if not thats the issue

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you remeasured, did you take into account the bracing and port after you remeasured?

and like n8 said, if you didnt seal off the box from behind it, its probably getting into your trunk and shit and it has to pressurize the whole car instead of just the front cabin

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you remeasured, did you take into account the bracing and port after you remeasured?

and like n8 said, if you didnt seal off the box from behind it, its probably getting into your trunk and shit and it has to pressurize the whole car instead of just the front cabin

x2 on everything, but damn, not even as loud as his old box in the trunk??? something´s wrong there!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

the inside cracks were done with fiberglass resin and the outside of it was done with construction adhesive...

beleive me its sealed..

ive done a box before for 2 15 inch mtx 9500s and it sounded the same as this wall

after i cut that box smaller resealed it and adjusted the port it pounded...

only thing is adjust the size of a walled up box is a bit harder..

x2 on everything, but damn, not even as loud as his old box in the trunk??? something´s wrong there!

yes i did even still i just fell that the enclosure is too big...

the recommended ported is 3.5 to a sub.... should i add that together since i have 2.. or put it around 5 to be safe..

this is my fist wall so im still learning as i go...

i think you misunderstood by sealing it off... were talking about sealing it to the pillar outside of the box so no air goes behind the box, so it pressurizes a smaller area

spray foam around the box to keep air from going behind it.. should sound better

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

the inside cracks were done with fiberglass resin and the outside of it was done with construction adhesive...

beleive me its sealed..

ive done a box before for 2 15 inch mtx 9500s and it sounded the same as this wall

after i cut that box smaller resealed it and adjusted the port it pounded...

only thing is adjust the size of a walled up box is a bit harder..

No he didnt mean if your box was sealed,he meant is your wall sealed (there are no gaps on the top/bottom/or either side of the wall that will let air get behind the wall).Understand?

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl