DC Sound Lab

4th Order help.

why tuned so high? :peepwall:

Edited by bumpinTL364

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

more port.

probably kill the lows.

I was hoping you would reply. You really seem to know your bandpasses. But is around 45hz tuning geared more toward the lower end? Also should I go more like 16sq inches for port? Also do the ratios seem about right?

more port.

probably kill the lows.

I was hoping you would reply. You really seem to know your bandpasses. But is around 45hz tuning geared more toward the lower end? Also should I go more like 16sq inches for port? Also do the ratios seem about right?

Heres my idea. 1 sealed 2.5 ported 35sq port tuned to 45 if you want crazy lows. If dont want to cut out alot of the higher end out tune to around 50 for a happy medium.

Heres a BP with lvl 4's tuned to 46 so you can see the lows, just to give you an idea on tuning.

Edited by corona_jeff

Wanna do 2 level 3 10's in a 4th order for the girlfriend's car. Hows 1 cube sealed and 2.5 ported sound? Tuned to 45hz with 14sq inches of port.

Do you mean 14 square inches of port total or per cube?

Edited by lAutruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

more port.

probably kill the lows.

Heres my idea. 1 sealed 2.5 ported 35sq port tuned to 45 if you want crazy lows. If dont want to cut out alot of the higher end out tune to around 50 for a happy medium.

Heres a BP with lvl 4's tuned to 46 so you can see the lows, just to give you an idea on tuning.

Nice. That thing is getting down. What range was that box able to play nicely?

Wanna do 2 level 3 10's in a 4th order for the girlfriend's car. Hows 1 cube sealed and 2.5 ported sound? Tuned to 45hz with 14sq inches of port.

14inches per cube.

more port.

probably kill the lows.

Nice. That thing is getting down. What range was that box able to play nicely?

14inches per cube.

25-50 its pretty strong. After 50 is dies off some

more port.

probably kill the lows.

I was hoping you would reply. You really seem to know your bandpasses. But is around 45hz tuning geared more toward the lower end? Also should I go more like 16sq

inches for port? Also do the ratios seem about right?

45 hz tune will demolish the lows. Tune a little higher 50 - 55 for a wider passband/bandwith.

I would start with 20 square per cube, then shrink down in port area until it stops getting louder. You may have to trim your port length to keep desired tuning though.

IMO the square inch ratio on 4th orders is 11 - 16 square per cube but like I said I'd start with 20 and shrink down until it sounds how you want it to

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg